When thinking about connecting with a consultant or freelancer, protecting your private company information is paramount. That is why we are releasing a free MNDA (Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement) template in Google Docs available for download.
There are many ways to protect the conversations and information shared and one is a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement. We wanted to provide our community, and others with a free to use Google Doc template of a MNDA form. It is linked below on Gumroad and instructions are included in Notion.
There are a few reasons to use a MNDA to govern the start of a relationship with a freelancer:
- Protecting your IP and confidential information
- Protecting the information and knowledge from the freelancer
- Not yet being in market and the zero to one build phase may require more secrecy
- Future protection if someone infringes on your ideas and information
- Mutual protection - just showing that you are serious about the relationship with a consultant.