Use this exhaustive list of CMO interview questions to evaluate your candidate’s suitability for the role. Judge their research technical skills, ability to manage crises, and much more.
Setting up Managers for Success in a Remote-Friendly Future - Zenefits
May 2022 - Present
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard.
- Joined as first VP of People to design and implement People strategy and roadmap, supporting team of 160+ team members distributed across 30+ countries.
VP, People and Culture
Feb 2020 - Feb 2022
B2C Auto refinance fintech saving customers $100+/month on car payments.
- Award-winning head of People & Culture; drove 7x headcount growth in <2 years from 60 to 450+ w/low attrition and high eNPS scores
Senior Director of HR
Aug 2018 - Mar 2020
Private edtech SaaS company and first-mover in K12 customer experience space, transforming over 400 school districts nationwide.
- Led full lifecycle People Ops and recruiting at 3 partner companies, partnering within the executive team to drive long-term profitability.
Director of People & Business Operations
Sep 2014 - Sep 2018
FiscalNote (NYSE: NOTE) is a leader in policy and global intelligence. By uniquely combining data, technology, and insights, FiscalNote empowers customers with critical insights and the tools to turn them into action. Home to CQ, FrontierView, Oxford Analytica, VoterVoice, and many other industry-leading brands, FiscalNote helps organizations stay ahead of political and business risk.
- Created HR structures & implemented HRIS supporting 20x employee growth in 4 yrs (20 to 400)
- Developed software procurement, AP/AR, vendor management & client contracting processes
Integration and Operations Manager
Apr 2010 - Sep 2014
Ashoka is an international citizen-sector organization whose mission is to build an Everyone a Changemaker World™ . An Everyone a Changemaker World™ is one that responds quickly and effectively to social challenges, and where each individual has the freedom, confidence and societal support to address any social problem and self identify as a driver of change. Ashoka is the world's leading community of over 3,500 social entrepreneurs. We champion the most important new social change ideas and support the innovators behind them by helping them get started, grow, collaborate and reshape whole systems.
- Second hire on People Team; Launched new talent management system & compensation structures supporting 400+ staff in 40+ countries
- Managed CAD $1.2M budget & 10-person team in 4 Canadian cities on 1-year assignment
Director, Operations and Communications
Jul 2008 - May 2010
HELP International is an international volunteer and internship placement program that sends individuals around the world to empower people and fight poverty through sustainable development initiatives. HELP is working with impoverished communities in countries around the world including— Nepal, Philippines Peru, Uganda, Greece, India, Thailand, and Fiji. HELP International works closely with local partners in-country to create sustainable development programs, focusing on education, health, and business. Volunteers assess the needs of the community with the support of local organizations. They develop projects that will help the people to become self-sufficient. HELP International began in 1999 as a response to the suffering caused by Hurricane Mitch in Honduras. A group of 46 volunteers fundraised over $115,000 and went to Honduras to give aid to those that were affected. Eventually the original group of HELP Honduras became a full NGO operating around the world as HELP International.
- Increased fee paying participants by 130% in <2 years by implementing marketing strategy
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.