Two-time founder. Exited one startup to PE. Ex-Microsoft Senior PM
I am a PM leader with a decade of experience in building and launching products that delight users and solve real-world problems. I have worked on products across industries ranging from B2B SAAS, consumer marketplaces and e-com. I previously founded Flare, a video-first ecommerce marketplace for MENA market that we grew to $5M in ARR in 16 months, before selling it to private equity.
I'm currently building Refunnel, a martech startup that enables businesses to reward their best customers fo…
- Google Analytics
Automate UGC collection from your customers
- Head of Product
- Engineering Manager
Refunnel enables brands to reward their customers for sharing authentic video-based testimonials on social media
Jan 2023 - Present
Refunnel is a SAAS product that enables DTC brands to collect UGC from their own customers on Autopilot.
- Onboarded 100+ merchants who in aggregate make $100M+ in revenue to the pilot program.
- Did Jobs-to-be-done interviews to identify the biggest customer struggles around collecting and managing UGC, and combined it with a Positioning exercise (as taught by April Dunford) to arrive at our competitve differentiation
- I defined Product design, strategy and recruited the founding team for this project.
May 2020 - Dec 2021
A new B2C e-com marketplace to enable millennial women in the MENA region to browse short-form videos from authentic brands and shop from them in 2 clicks.
- Designed each screen and flow of the mobile app, iterating it to drive annualized revenue to $340,000 and increase the average session time to ~13 minutes for new user cohorts. The UX of the product can be viewed here: https://shorturl.at/nouW9
- Hired and managed a cross-functional team consisting of 4 engineers, 1 brand marketer, 1 lead BD professional, and 1 performance marketer.
- Successfully onboarded 120 brands across the apparel, beauty, and home categories.
- Despite notable achievements, struggled to maintain high user retention due to video content liquidity challenges. The inability to raise additional funds in the changing VC market hindered efforts to resolve this issue
- User interviews with a small segment of very engaged users revealed a Pivot opportunity, leading to the founding of Refunnel.
Senior Product Manager
Mar 2013 - Jan 2021
- Through the release of Win10 and up-to Windows 11, I contributed to delivering customer-focused experiences to the hundreds of millions of Windows customers.
- Built the UX Systems & Storytelling team within the Windows team to ensure coherence across Windows UX (e.g., Start Menu, Task Bar, Windows Hello). Utilized customer-focused Jobs-To-Be-Done stories to drive alignment.
- Led UX efforts in bringing back the Start Menu during the early stages of Win10. Collaborated with a team of designers and engineers to tailor it to various devices (Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, Phones).
- Played a key role in creating a simplified Start experience for Surface DUO, a foldable device. Collaborated closely with design and engineering counterparts to facilitate the transition of legacy Windows customers to a new Start UX in Windows 11.
- Contributed to building crucial UX flows for Microsoft Timeline, a history-based UX for seamless activity retrieval across devices (phone and PC).
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.