- Fractional CFO
- Strategic Finance
- Investor Relations
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Modeling
Apr 2022 - Present
Podemos (www.podemos.mx) is a microfinance company in México specializing in loans to small businesses with value added services including financial education, workshops to help entrepreneurs scale their business. “Podemos” has been profitable since inception, backed by Alloy Merchant Finance; Altum Capital among others; the company has +70K active clients in Mexico
- Implemented financial governance and controls
- Hired experienced CFO and Directors
- Advised on Capital raising / Debt issuance alternatives
- Advised on Strategic goal and alignment
Jun 2018 - Present
Endeavor (www.endeavor.org) is the Leading Global Community of High Impact Entrepreneurs, it’s mission is to build thriving entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging and underserved markets around the world. I am in the top 100 mentors for Endeavor México, helping up and coming entrepreneurs define their market product fit as well as the key drivers for success.
- Advised / Mentored startups on financial and strategic projects
- Help companies scale and achieve product market fit
Jun 2021 - Oct 2022
Conekta (www.conekta.com) is the largest online payment processor in Mexico; series B company with rapid growth in the Mexican Market looking to expand beyond the 2nd largest market in Latin America. I oversaw all support teams for Conekta including Finance, Strategy, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Legal & Government Relations as well as Internal Systems teams to provide the required assistance to scale the company and maintain hyper-growth in the Fintech Industry.
- Orchestrated the alignment of strategic and corporate development initiatives with product teams, ensuring the successful execution of the product roadmap and upholding market competitiveness
- Oversaw Administration, Accounting, Control, Finance, Strategic Planning, Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Policy and Legal functions.
- Led and managed all aspects of M&A activities, including post-integration processes.
- Established corporate governance framework to create stable, ethical, and well-managed organization.
- Spearheaded cash reduction initiatives to reduce burn rate and cash burn while maintaining growth.
- Led executive recruitment efforts, consistently attracting and retaining top-tier talent.
- Steered Legal, Compliance, and Policy teams, ensuring that senior management and the board had access to adequate legal counsel.
Feb 2018 - Jun 2021
Nasdaq MELI, ≈ 70 B market cap company. Directed Administration, Accounting, Control, Finance, Strategic Planning, Corporate Development, Purchasing and Investor Relations functions. México became the 2nd largest market after Brazil under my direction.
- Led Finance and Administration functions for eCommerce, Logistics and Fintech businesses
- Implemented processes and metrics to measure each business separately and its contribution
- Lead M&A process in the country as well as oversee relationships with Investors
- Key player in Government Relations committee to address new policies that could affect Mercado Libre's operations
- Established governance and control framework within the country to support business growth
- Headed capital structuring /funding to comply with each business function need.
- Steered discussions with regulatory agencies in the country
- Implemented processes to comply with CNBV and other government regulators for Mercado Libre’s Fintech businesses
- Ensured alignment of goals and benefits to attact and retain top talent
- Significantly improved margins while investing in Fintech and Logistics businesses.
- Lead communications with key shareholders / investors in the country
CFO & COO
Jul 2011 - Feb 2018
La Loma (www.laloma.com.mx) is a PE owned company that produces and distributes dairy based products all over Mexico. The company is the largest ice cream mix distributor in the country and has the largest cold distribution network reaching 80% of all populated areas in the Country. As CFO / COO, I directed all Finance, Accounting, Strategic Planning, Investor Relations, Operations /Logistics, IT, Distribution Centers, M&A and Legal teams for the company.
- Oversaw Finance, Accounting, Strategic Planning, Investor Relations, Operations, Distribution & Legal functions.
- Tripled Profit margins in 5 years by implementing corporate and financial controls while focusing on revenue growth.
- Led M&A activities for Central America and the US.
- Spearheaded company wide transformation to institutionalize all administrative and operation functions
- Enhanced capital structure to build additional manufacturing and logistical capabilities
- Implemented ERP and Internal Systems enhancements to enhance financial and operating information
- Established Corporate Governance to ensure internal controls
- Increased Funds' ROE by streamlining operations with no impact to growth
VP Commercial Banking
Jul 2008 - Jul 2011
Citigroup Commercial bank helps mid-sized companies with revenues starting from $10 million USD address the challenges of rapid growth and international expansion by rationalizing complicated legacy setups or allowing clients to avoid them altogether, so they can scale faster and grow larger.
- Develop relationships with C-Suite and Finance executives in the newly formed Commercial Banking business; to advise on capital structure, treasury, M&A and financing solutions
- Developed more than 25 client relationships with $ 30MM USD in associated revenue.
- Advised clients on new market opportunities / trends resulting in 3 acquisitions valued at $ 800MM
- Secured syndication agent role for a $ 75MM USD financing for global news content provider, securing cash management services ($200M in annual fees).
- Won check printing solution for media and marketing research firm ($2MM USD in annual recurring fees)
- Attained international cash management solution for leading media company ($150M USD in annual fees).
- Secured lead agent role for a $ 125MM USD eight bank syndication for leading pharmaceutical company
- Chaired global associate program that placed high-potential associates in global roles throughout the bank
- Identified high-potential start-up businesses and lead strategic client dialogue in relation to capital structuring, cash management and financing alternatives
Jul 2006 - Jul 2008
Two-year rotational program throughout the Commercial Bank allowing cross-business exposure in Strategy, Marketing, Cash Management and Corporate Banking; program includes formal credit training.
- Led implementation of $ 6B USD asset allocation model for Commercial Banking to better deploy the group’s exposure in the market.
- Developed US-India industry initiative for Commercial Banking to promote cross-border investments with more than $ 50MM USD in loans provided to new clients.
- Structured and managed end-to-end syndication process for Middle Market companies. Including $ 300MM revolving facility for a medical device company
- Developed and implemented client experience framework for U.S. Commercial Banking increasing client satisfaction and product per client ratio from 2:1 to 4:1 in a six-month period.
- Co-Chair of the Management Program Advisory Council (MPAC), mandated to promote cross-border interaction between management associates Implemented global associate challenge competition to address real life concerns of the bank that is still used
- Identified gaps in the Smith Barney / Commercial Banking prospect referral process, resulting in a $ 300MM USD increase in booked deals.
Director, Global Accounts
Sep 2002 - Sep 2004
Axtel provides broadband Internet, pay television and telephony, as well as information and communications technology (ICT) solutions.
- Developed growth strategy for $ 100MM global accounts team; presented strategy to Board and generated approval, resulting in a 30% year over year revenue increase.
- Negotiated a 3yr 300 million long-distance minute supply contract increasing operating margin by 2%.
- Built and maintained relationships with global companies with presence in the country including automotive, healthcare, telecommunications industries and global conglomerates.
- Increased sales by 150% with top corporate accounts by developing senior level relationships.
- Hired and managed a top talent into the sales and services teams
Jan 2001 - Sep 2002
Lucent (now Nokia) was one of the largest telecomm operators worldwide.
- Led strategic client dialogues concerning a $ 1.2B nationwide cellular deployment project
- Directed mobile prepaid analytical, technical, and implementation process for mobile prepaid solutions for the country’s third’s largest mobile telephony provider.
- Defined sales strategy for Latin American markets, winning $ 10MM in projects for major wireless operators.
Aug 1998 - Jan 2001
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with global reach
- Analyzed M&A and other takeover possibilities for clients on both buy and sell side operations.
- Led a five-person team in designing and implementing a back-office shared services center for Citibank.
- Analyzed and assessed potential client engagements, including financial feasibility, project timeline, and consultant allocation
- Modeled cost activities to determine adequate finance organizational structure of Allied Domecq’s Mexico, by comparing results to industry benchmarks; our recommendations generated a 5% cost reduction
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.