- Head of People
- Talent Leader
- Fractional Chief Talent Officer
- Talent Acquistion
- Talent Retention
Technology Executive | Fractional CTO | Healthcare | Fintech | Digital Marketing | Travel
I am an enthusiastic and versatile engineering leader, with 20 years of experience in the IT industry, successfully guiding top notch engineering teams with the proven ability to execute on-time deliveries using Agile methodologies.
I thrive on challenges and am constantly pushing to grow my capacity as a leader and support the company's growth. My objective is to make the business strong and keep the client engaged.
As a manager I believe in the importance of building team consensus but also unde…
Expert Travel Tips, Stories & Timely Travel News
- Front-End Development
- Product Strategy
- Market Analysis
- Go To Market
- Business Scaling
SmarterTravel provides independent expert advice and unbiased reviews for the best travel deals, destinations, and money-saving travel tips that help feed your passion for seeing the world.
Vice President of Engineering
Jan 2018 - Jan 2022
SmarterTravel is a digital marketing company and leading provider of personalized travel recommendations and targeted trav- el content to US consumers. The Company’s proprietary algorithms go beyond keyword search to provide a high-performance marketing channel to reach both consumer and business travelers. SmarterTravel was formed from Cognius, a leading deliver- er of targeted digital content to more than 20 million Americans, across more than a dozen properties.
- Owned delivery of 60 million daily third party emails, providing targeted digital marketting revenue
- Led the development of a hotel booking site, creating a platform for the company to pivot to travel
- Led the acquisition of SmarterTravel Media properties, including technical due diligence and transition of operations bringing on an engaged travel audience, content and several marketing channels
- Co-founded the DEI Council, serving as member and executive sponsor, incorporating principles of diversity, belonging and inclusion in all aspects of the business
- Created and drove the engineering delivery process, ensuring alignment with business goals, leading to fo- cused business outcomes
- Introduced and maintained critical security best practices across the enterprise through Ops and IT, protect- ing intellectual property, PII and reputation.
- Reported to the executive board during bi-weekly meetings, providing transparency on all engineering deliv- eries and performance management
- Co-authored long term business plans and was a key stakeholder in quarterly planning to ensure consistent and urgent progress towards the vision
- Drove an Engineering promotion ladder, providing clarity around performance expectations for each role and guidelines for promotion
- Served as Interim Head of People, leading and developing both Talent Acquisition and Human Resources, growing the company 30% YoY while increasing talent density
Director of Engineering
Jan 2014 - Jan 2018
LumiraDx provides award-winning health information exchange and devices to help ensure quality care for more than 5 million patients and improve care outcomes. It was founded with key leadership from Alere including Alere’s CEO and co-founders.
- Deployed the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), to better coordinate a quickly growing engineering depart- ment leading to an acceleration of the release cycle and improved quality.
- Provided hands-on leadership and coordination of Engineering, DBA, DevOps and QA
- Owned Architectural/Platform Roadmap, maintaining alignment with company needs and client deliverables
- Led Platform Architecture Team to focus on security and scaling
- Introduced oversight throughout SDLC for all development, by creating and leading improving the accuracy of estimates by 30% and reducing wasted development time
- Oversaw Corporate IT Team and Corporate Information Security
Director of Engineering
Jan 2011 - Jan 2014
Abbott provides award-winning point-of-care diagnostic testing and a host of healthcare solutions
- Architecture and implementation of an integrated solution for health information exchange (HIE) across sev- eral communities in a primarily Java environment
- Responsible for product development, hands-on leadership and coordination, recruiting and development of engineering, DBA and QA teams
- Maintained architecture/operations roadmap
- Technical due diligence of several components and companies which were being considered to assist with development
- Moved development to a continuous integration model and introduce consistent peer reviews
- Revamped Recruiting/Interview/Onboarding which was successful in speeding up effective growth
- Introduced DevOps as a core component of development
- Major contributor in effort to replace portions of a J2EE healthcare provider-facing solution with a • ruby on rails (RoR) application
- Architecture and implementation of RoR patient portal for managing patient health information
- Design and Implementation of 2 way ETL bridge between schemas using Oracle Data Integrator
- Strozzi Institute Embodied Leadership training (2014)
- Contributed in graphic design and sales/marketing and overall product roadmap
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.