Explore how a fractional CMO can unlock growth in your business. Dive into the proven benefits and find out how to hire top talent through Go Fractional.
Enhances revenue growth through effective brand marketing, engaging content, and thought leadership strategy.
I am an experienced brand builder, communicator, and product marketer with particular experience in the B2B SaaS technology, sustainability, and government advisory industries. Among my accomplishments, I have led the comprehensive rebrand of a national NGO, and updated messaging, go-to-market campaigns, and marketing collateral for a government technology startup resulting in 3x marketing attributed revenue.
Additionally, I co-founded Luke's Toy Factory, building the CPG brand from scratch in to a recognized company in the toy industry.
GovPilot | Modern Government Management Software for Local Governmenthttps://www.govpilot.com/
GovPilot's government management software streamlines operations and digital services provided by local governments for more than 125 critical processes.
I enhanced GovPilot's corporate messaging, re-wrote copy for the website, and updated website design UX/UI (HubSpot).
A comprehensive booklet designed to be used as printed and digital sales enablement collateral.
Wrote copy and managed our designer to format for print and digital.
GovPilot Explainer Video - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZbsXk_TRE
An overview of GovPilot and how its cloud-based government management software helps local governments realize increased efficiency, productivity, and constituent satisfaction.
I produced, scripted and art directed this video.
Luke's Toy Factory | Eco-Friendly Toys - Made in Americahttps://lukestoyfactory.com/
Educational, Sustainable, American-made preschool toys. 3D stacking puzzle truck toys develop creative play, problem solving and fine-motor skills in preschoolers aged 3+. Educational toy trucks made with upcycled organic materials at an American toy factory in Danbury, Connecticut.
I built and optimized the website, wrote all copy, and enhanced SEO.
Op-Ed: What Toyota had to teach a non-profit about rebuilding faster after natural disastershttps://qz.com/786715/what-toyota-had-to-teach-a-non-profit-about-rebuilding-faster-after-natural-disasters
Ghost wrote and placed this Op-Ed in Quartz on behalf of SBP CEO about SBP’s partnership with Toyota and The Clinton Global Initiative.
Luke's Toy Factory
Jan 2014 - Present
Award-winning manufacturer of educational, sustainable, American-Made preschool toys.
- Built brand from scratch in to an industry recognized company.
- Developed and maintain all digital and social media properties including Shopify website.
- Responsible for $100k+ in wholesale sales to toy and gift stores.
- Represented the company to media outlets including Fox Business, New York Times, and the ToyBook.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Nov 2019 - Jun 2023
GovPilot is a SaaS platform for local governments, designed to digitize and automate constituent services and government operations across 130+ processes. Used by municipalities and counties across the U.S.
- Tripled annual marketing attributed revenue through comprehensive brand management and the development of a comprehensive growth strategy including sales enablement content, marketing collateral, video, and conferences.
- Generated 1,051% increase in organic website traffic by redesigning HubSpot website focused on SEO, implemented a keyword optimized content strategy with written web content a resource for government officials.
- Collaborated with CEO, COO, Product, Sales, and Account Management teams to improve internal processes and align on OKRs, KPIs, content creation, and paid search for demand generation of specific local government personas.
- Managed a cross-functional team of designers, writers, and marketing agencies to maintain brand guidelines and generate impactful account based marketing, organic, and paid content, trade show, and email nurture campaigns.
- Led strategic initiatives to identify business development opportunities, build new product offerings, recruit advisory board members, manage lobbyists, and develop new collateral and resources for customers and leads.
Corporate Reputation Consultant
Mar 2018 - Oct 2018
Corporate strategy firm advising companies on reputation management, corporate responsibility initiatives, and thought leadership on topics such as CSR, ESG, and sustainability.
- Advised multi-billion-dollar institutional investment firm on establishing thought leadership in ESG policy and Sustainable Infrastructure investment.
- Developed a strategic communications roadmap to position the billionaire founder of a nonprofit focused on women’s entrepreneurship.
- Authored in-depth strategic reports and strategy briefs utilizing AI and big data (Quid) research to identify best-fit corporate / nonprofit partner marketing opportunities for clients.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Jan 2015 - Jan 2018
SBP is a national resilience and disaster recovery nonprofit focused on shrinking time between disaster and recovery through efficient rebuilding and government advisory services.
- Led rebrand of national disaster recovery nonprofit, grew brand awareness, generated corporate support.
- Represented $50M non-profit as spokesperson to media, and at high-level conferences including the Clinton Global Initiative, NYT Cities for Tomorrow, Atlantic Katrina 10 Conference, and as a panelist speaker at Google’s headquarters.
- Rebranded the organization; led brand agency, worked with CEO/Founders and Board of Directors to implement a go-to-market strategy, which contributed to $34M in growth.
- Enhanced SBP’s advocacy and executive thought leadership through web, social media, blog content, op-eds, PR, and media pitches including human interest stories and policy positions to share with stakeholders via national outlets.
- Spearheaded partner marketing initiatives with executives from corporate partners including, Toyota, Zurich, Farmers, Palantir, and Google to publicize SBP’s use of corporate technologies and business practices to rebuild disaster impacted homes.
GLG (Formerly Gerson Lehrman Group)
Jan 2014 - Jan 2015
Global "Expert Network". We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
- Implemented global rebrand across print, digital, and physical properties, updated website copy, and marketing collateral.
- Collaborated with CMO and Head of Public Affairs to develop a comprehensive corporate rebrand and marketing strategy including messaging, visual identity, digital properties, and the opening of a new global headquarters.
- Implemented corporate rebrand across all digital and physical properties in 22 offices around the world; collaborated with sales teams to craft updated business development collateral reflective of the new brand identity and messaging.
- Crafted messaging for the launch of GLG Social Impact, a corporate social responsibility (CSR) program to support high-impact social entrepreneurs, and introduced SBP CEO to the program.
FGS Global (Formerly The Glover Park Group)
Sep 2010 - Dec 2013
Global public affairs & strategic communications firm. The stakeholder economy is complex and difficult to navigate. Winning support across audiences in a fast-moving, interconnected world is more important than ever. What, how, and when you communicate — and to whom — can mean the difference between success and failure. Seeing around corners, anticipating issues, managing risk, and moving quickly to solve problems is critical. To succeed, you need sound strategic advice, deep experience, a 360º perspective, real-time intelligence, and flawless execution. With the right people and the right tools, you can seize opportunities and confront challenges — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world.
- Conducted research, analyzed client market trends, drafted op-eds and memos, and ensured on time project delivery.
- Wrote strategy briefs, memos, press releases, and op-eds for several Fortune-500 clients in the financial, technology, and defense sectors as well as a foreign government, and a domestic non-profit.
- Advised JPMorgan Chase on the expansion of its 100,000 Veterans hiring initiative, providing research on potential corporate partners, and presented a CSR initiative to enable intergenerational veterans to share transition stories.
- Provided Research and media outreach on behalf of pro-bono non-profit client, the St. Bernard Project (SBP), to raise the organization’s profile as it continued rebuilding efforts following Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy.
- Produced social media analysis for Egyptian Government during Arab Spring utilizing social listening software.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.