- Team Building
- Lead Architect
- Fractional CTO
- Product Strategy
Building E-Commerce Marketplaces at Scale
I'm Joe, a software engineer and e-commerce professional. I'm currently the CTO of TeePublic. I also run ImprovCoaches.com, from another life when I was hanging around NYC's improv comedy community. I'm a nerd and have celiac disease. I have an unhealthy relationship with the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm a big fan of the Oxford comma.
I currently live in suburban Chicago with my wife, our son, our cat (Carol), and our dog (Ella).
You can view my personal site a joemcb.com
I'm currently transitioning out of my role at TeePublic and exploring fractional or co-founder roles across SaaS, E-Commerce and Marketplaces.
Chief Technology Officer
Aug 2013 - Present
Original incubated from within BustedTees, TeePublic has become a premiere destination for independent artists to turn their passion into profit. Acquired by RedBubble in 2018.
- Built engineering team from 1 to 20+
- Scaled custom Ruby on Rails marketplace platform to support over 8 million designs and billions of unique skus.
- Collaborated with product to plan OKRs and lead in execution.
- Implemented comprehensive agile development lifecycle to ensure platform reliability and consistency in delivery.
Aug 2009 - May 2012
BustedTees was the premiere funny t-shit company of the early internet. Operated within CollegeHumor.com.
- Engineer for Custom E-Commerce Platform
- Lone engineer for company through multiple holiday seasons.
May 2007 - Aug 2009
The most reliable PR and earned media platform featuring global media monitoring, a media contact database and analytics
- Built out Lucene powered media search with language translation.
- Crated XSLT based report builder and format.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.