Explore how a fractional CMO can unlock growth in your business. Dive into the proven benefits and find out how to hire top talent through Go Fractional.
Former Agency Founder, Marketing VP, and Content Marketing Pioneer
With 20 years of experience, I'm a versatile marketing executive who excels in leading strategic marketing campaigns for both DTC and B2B brands. Specializing in collaborating with pre-seed and early-stage startups, I'm focused on refining their positioning, crafting compelling brand narratives, establishing message hierarchies, identifying key personas, and developing effective go-to-market (GTM) strategies. I have a passion for the beauty, wellness, and women's health industries, but my experi…
Hyperlocology Content Strategyhttps://hyperlocology.com
Led the revamp and relaunch of the Hyperlocology website on the HubSpot CMS. Implemented the HubSpot CRM and marketing tools, including email flows and lead nurturing funnels. Edited site copy, with co-founder and created a new UX structure for easier navigation. Edited the blog and managed blog content development. Launched the Case Study and client video interview series on the site.
MDSolarSciences® Website Relaunchhttps://mdsolarsciences.com
I led the redesign and relaunch of MDsolarsciences.com on Shopify 2.0 in a 4-month timeframe, on time and within budget. I led the vendor vetting and selection process and made recommendations to the CEO, going with Noticed (now UN/Common). I developed the plan for all organic SEO and personally optimized the site. I re-wrote and edited the site content, including creative headers and product descriptions; and collaborated with our in-house design team on a new photoshoot and layouts.
VP of Integrated Marketing
Jun 2022 - Aug 2023
Dermatologist-Developed SPF + Skincare brand founded by the dermatologic oncologist who was a pioneer of the ABCDEs of melanoma.
- Partnered with CEO on all marketing initiatives including product positioning + growth strategies
- Conceptualized and executed campaigns across marketing channels, overseeing and tracking KPIs; Contributed significantly to the growth of e-commerce revenue by 29% Y/
- Amplified Email/SMS revenue by 70.5% YoY through the execution of effective lifecycle marketing strategies, such as cross-sell, upsell, and win-back initiatives
- Managed Marketing P&L and media budgets
- Managed and executed the strategic relaunch of a new Shopify site in a four-month timeframe
- Led customer-focused product marketing including positioning and copy, consistently amplifying messages across all marketing touchpoints from the website to sales materials and partner sites
- Led retailer e-commerce content and marketing for new channels and existing partnerships including Amazon, CVS, and Target.com
- Revamped agency partners - vetting and hiring a new agency teams and managed daily relationships
Director of Marketing
May 2021 - May 2022
SaaS Martech Startup for franchise brands. Enables brands to manage local digital advertising in one platform with data and budgets per location.
- Formulated organic and paid strategies across various channels, resulting in a 130% Y/Y increase in organic search traffic and page-one rankings for over 25 core search terms
- Implemented HubSpot CMS, marketing tools, and CRM for efficient lead management, accompanied by the launch of a revamped website
- Partnered with the co-founders co-founders to drive marketing strategies for new customer acquisition, and go-to-market positioning
- Developed buyer personas through real customer interviews; Launched customer video interview series
Gorilla Group (now VML, was Wunderman Thompson Commerce + Technology)
Director of Digital Marketing + Client Growth
Oct 2017 - Apr 2021
Award-Winning Global Digital Commerce Agency; Top Magento and Shopify Partner. Gorilla Group acquired my agency, Sprout Content, and within a year was acquired by Wunderman Thompson, which is now VML, all part of WPP.
- Directed the transformation of digital marketing practices and account management teams, reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Built and managed a multifaceted team specializing in content strategy, social media, SEO, and SEM
- Partnered with internal departments and client brand executives to formulate strategic marketing and growth strategies to meet business growth goals
- Oversaw cross-functional initiatives among sales, design, content, and engineering departments, serving as an advanced escalation point for both clients and internal teams
Co-Founder / Chief Content Officer
Jan 2010 - Oct 2017
Co-founder of award-winning, pioneering Content Marketing Agency. Earned Platinum Level HubSpot partner status. SPROUT Content specialized in performance content for businesses in "unglamorous industries." Content is your 24/7 sales team and spokesperson. We helped businesses develop a strategy, set goals, clarify their message, and create content that connects with their audience and delivers real results.
- Co-founded agency and built team over 8 years until acquisition
- Earned Platinum Level HubSpot Partner Status
- Won HubSpot Awards for "Happiest Clients" and "Greatest Traffic Growth"
- Co-Authored book: Brands in Glass Houses, How to Increase Transparency and Grow Your Business Through Content Marketing
- Implemented Agile Methodologies and a Point System, transforming efficiency and Client satisfaction
- Maintained page one Google rankings for content marketing agency above larger competitors & built company organically through content, lead gen, email nurturing, and acquisition tactics.
- Orchestrated social media strategies and paid campaigns for several businesses, marking their initial foray into social media platforms
- Built performance-oriented teams and services encompassing content strategy/development, email marketing, customer acquisition/retention, social media, and influencer marketing
Kao Brands, CO
Apr 2004 - Oct 2008
Global consumer/CPG company that creates high-value-added products that enrich the lives of consumers around the world. Through a portfolio of over 20 leading brands such as Bioré, Goldwell, JERGENS®, John Frieda ®, Kanebo, and Molton Brown.
- Head of copy and positioning for new product launches and established brands within the John Frieda Collection Brilliant Brunette, Sheer Blonde, Radiant Red, Frizz-Ease
- Coordinated with key leaders to develop marketing, advertising, and sales copy, driving customer engagement and sales
- Collaborated with VP of Marketing and Chief Creative Officer on product positioning and new product concepts for user testing
- Selected by CCO as copy manager for global rebranding of legacy German hair care brand GUHL, leading positioning, concepts, copy, and international brand research
Feb 2003 - Feb 2004
A global advertising and marketing agency with headquarters in New York City, and 432 offices in 96 countries, operating in 154 cities. Grey ranks among the world's top advertising and marketing agencies providing creative, experiential, social, digital, and commerce services.
- Partnered with Creative Director as the head of copy for the redesign and relaunch of Maybelline.com
- Worked on select initiatives for Clairol, including the creative development and positioning of a breakthrough new Cover Girl mascara brush.
Oct 2001 - Aug 2003
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, commonly known as LVMH, is a French multinational holding and conglomerate specializing in luxury goods, headquartered in Paris. I was in the NYC office.
- Copywriter for American Designer Fragrances - Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Kenneth Cole and Givenchy Beaute
- Developed product positioning, advertising, and strategic global communications
- Led positioning for the 50th Anniversary of L'Interdit, Hubert de Givenchy's Fragrance for Audrey Hepburn
Good Housekeeping Magazine (Hearst)
Dec 2000 - Aug 2001
Good Housekeeping is a legendary publication for inspirational and aspirational content for anyone looking to improve themselves & home. Service-minded journalism on relationships and triple-tested recipes to home remodeling.
- Managed strategic and creative development of marketing and promotions programs for national beauty, fashion, + healthcare advertisers
- With the Publisher and renowned Editor Ellen Levine, managed and executed promotions on behalf of the magazine, the Good Housekeeping Institute, and the famous Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
Writer + Editor
Mar 2000 - Aug 2000
Beauty.com was one of the first independent beauty eCommerce sites, based in NYC. Beauty.com launched the first online retail presence for many emerging brands.
- Wrote and managed site content, marketing, advertising & email content
- Worked with beauty company founders to launch the first e-commerce presence of many leading brands including Tarte & TooFaced
- Collaborated with and served as the editor for the late Kevyn Aucoin for Reader Q&As and emails
PR Account Executive
Apr 1998 - Oct 1999
Lippe Taylor is a NYC-based public relations and digital marketing agency that specializes in beauty, lifestyle, and consumer brands.
- I led all PR and communications for Laura Mercier Cosmetics and Laura Mercier as a celebrity makeup artist for Madonna and Sarah Jessica Parker
- Collaborated with Laura Mercier and beauty editors on the legendary Madonna Geisha Cover for ELLE Magazine
- Chosen as the only point of contact at the agency for Ms. Mercier
- Tested and worked on positioning and all communications for now-famous Tinted Moisturizer
- Chosen as a part of a select group to work on Physique Hair Care, P+G's first new hair care launch in 20 years
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.