Dr. Eric Solomon
- Executive Coach
- Team Building
- Fractional CMO
Building, installing, and updating Human Operating Systems for all.
I have worked at the intersection of psychology, brand-building, technology, and creativity for over 20 years. I've held marketing leadership positions for some of the top brands in the world including YouTube, Spotify, Google, and Instagram. And I also served as the Chief Marketing Officer for Bonobos, a DTC e-retailer owned by Walmart. Strangely, I entered the business world through the doors of academia, earning my Master’s and Ph.D. in cognitive psychology, with a focus on AI and ML, prior t…
Eric Solomon PhD
- Team Building
- Executive Coach
Eric Solomon has worked at the intersection of technology, human psychology, and brands for over 20 years. He has held leadership positions for some of the top technology companies in the world including YouTube, Spotify, Google, and Instagram.
Reimagine | End of Life
Nov 2021 - Present
Reimagine is a non-profit sparking community-driven festivals and conversations that explore death and celebrate life.
- Sit on multiple committees & frequent speaker
Nov 2019 - Present
Transforming the lives of grieving children through free, one-week summer camps around the country
- Led all branding efforts
The Human OS™
Founder & CEO
Jan 2019 - Present
There is nothing more important or expensive in business than human capital. Organizations that “win” today are the ones that align their reason for being with what drives and motivates its people—employees and customers alike. I’ve developed the Human Operating System as a simple, non-technological model that helps any organization, of any size, find and maintain that crucial alignment.
- Work with organizations and executive leaders to build, install, and update their Human OS™ via a unique mix of leadership, management, and marketing consultation
- Developing thought-leadership on marketing and leadership
- The Human OS™ process involves a proprietary mix of research, analysis, strategy, collaboration, and communication to ensure flawless execution across all business activity, internally and externally.
Chief Marketing Officer
Aug 2018 - Dec 2018
Bonobos is a digitally native e-commerce retailer that was acquired by Walmart in 2017.
- Led a 30+ person team comprised of creative, design, branding, PR, growth, and social; reported directly to CEO
- Supported the launch of first-ever mass communications for the Bonobos brand
- Delivered digital transformation agenda across the entire organization and to the Walmart board
Managing Director, Global Head of Business Marketing
May 2017 - Aug 2018
instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. we are currently hiring extraordinary engineers and designers who want to build and scale one of the fastest growing companies in the social web. we're in the business of building a new way for people to communicate and share their lives via media on the go. we're looking to grow our team into a world-class group of engineers that want to focus on big, meaningful technical challenges.
- Led a 45+ person team of marketing managers and product marketing communication managers across all regions (North America, EMEA, APAC, LATAM)
- Managed a $XXM [confidential] budget applied to research, campaign development, experiential, and driving advertiser return-on-investment
- Led positioning, creative & media strategies, and marketing campaigns to generate a 30% increase in perception of Instagram as a business-building platform and a 15% to 25% increase across regions in awareness of Instagram Stories ads
Brand and Creative Strategy Director
Sep 2016 - Jul 2017
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
- Developed the mission and vision for Google’s externally facing brand strategy team (175+ people)
- Designed and facilitated workshops for top customers (brands, creative & media agencies)
- Crafted scalable sales material on behalf of Google to help serve both shorter- and longer-term customer needs
Director, Global Brand Strategy at Spotify
Sep 2015 - Aug 2016
Passionate music fans. Innovative tech pros. Perfect harmony. Join our band.
- Collaborated with consumer and product marketing, in addition to research and creative teams, to craft creative briefs and to guide development of Spotify largest brand and product campaigns
- Brand campaign work increased Spotify brand awareness in key markets by +4 pts. in 2 months; campaign work for key Spotify products (e.g., Discover Weekly) generated a 20% increase in downloads and helped to boost Premium subscriptions by more than 25%
- Crafted narratives around Spotify’s holistic approach to marketing, ranging from consumer-facing creative work to customer service; presented at key industry conferences
Head of Creative Strategy and Insights
Aug 2011 - Sep 2015
Like and Subscribe - I mean, it's YouTube!
- Managed and led a brand & creative team working across a wide portfolio of business to serve Google’s/YouTube’s top-tier marketing clients and agencies (20+ people)
- Generated creative strategies and territories for the ZOO’s most successful engagements, in collaboration with external partners; helped to develop end-to-end digital strategies and campaigns for top global brands
- Wrote many, many talks and delivered even more presentations
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.