- Team Building
- Go-To-Market Strategies & Implementation
- Fractional COO
Fractional COO - TikTok founding team executive - 2x startup operations exec (both acquired)
Hogan is driven to create a solid operational foundation and determine the best solutions to move a company forward. As a global technology leader who has served some of the world’s most recognizable platforms, Hogan is widely known for doing just that. He has facilitated the right strategic changes at the right times for companies such as Flipagram (now TikTok through acquisition), Evite, eHarmony, and Nickelodeon. These strategies have enabled each of the platforms to continue to evolve and fl…
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets
President and Chief Operations Officer
Jan 2022 - Present
Glo's mission is to connect people through self-care. With members across 3 continents and 178 countries.
- Developing and leading next-generation operations and revenue growth objectives for Glo
- Preparing to expand market share by investing in leading technology, best-in-class talent, and strategic global initiatives.
- Implemented EOS as a companywide operating system
- Leading fundraising and investor relations
- Leading the following departments: Finance & Accounting, Customer Experience, Operations, HR, IT and Facilities, Process
Sep 2021 - Present
500 Global is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. It is one of the most active venture capital firms in the world. Since its inception in Silicon Valley, 500 Global has invested in over 2,300 companies via its 5 global funds and 15 thematic funds dedicated to either specific geographic markets or verticals. Its 100+ team members are located in 20 countries around the world in order to support the 500 Global portfolio of investments which spans more than 75 countries. Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Knotel, Udemy, and Ipsy.
Jul 2021 - Present
Mentoring, advising, and investing in the highest-impact entrepreneurs worldwide (1.5M high quality jobs created, $1.6B raised, $15B revenues), to create long-term, sustained growth.
Chief Experience Officer and Co-founder, Carenote and Forevernote Brand
Dec 2018 - Mar 2021
Forevernote captures a the precious moments of a person's life. The company interviews individuals or their loved ones and creates memoirs for them into a printed and digital PDF version and an audio recording of the interview session, enabling users to capture, share and cherish memories effortlessly.
- Delivered impactful growth opportunities by designing, executing, and continually improving business operations and customer service teams, processes, and performance.
- Established and analyzed organizational KPI metrics and develop strategic initiatives that drove efficiencies, quality, and profitability.
- Created an exceptional customer experience by optimizing the on-and-offshore infrastructure, technology, and service teams. Advanced the organization’s brand and market presence to optimally position for the Evite acquisition.
- Positioned for operational success; established offshore multi-disciplinary call center and customer support teams.
- Translated the business vision into an action plan, achieving an 80% profit margin and 1K orders in the first 3-months.
- Analyzed and applied KPI metrics to realize a 33% reduction in order fulfillment time with a 90% call center retention rate.
- Leveraged technology to establish best-in-class operations and to position the startup as a competitive industry leader.
- Drove brand visibility through influencer management and publications/sites such as Entrepreneur and Mashable.
Head of Operations: Program and Project Management
Jan 2017 - Dec 2018
TikTok is the world's leading destination for short-form video. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Our employees lead with curiosity, and move at the speed of culture. Combined with our company's flat structure, you'll be given dynamic opportunities to make a real impact on a rapidly expanding company as you grow your career. We have offices across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas – and we're just getting started.
- Advanced organizational growth by leading the integration of the acquired Flipagram and Musical.ly businesses and contributing to the development of the U.S. TikTok headquarters.
- A member of the core Executive Team with P&L accountability and responsible for acquisition integration planning, leading logistics and operations, and driving the strategic vision of the world’s most popular app.
- Instrumental Executive team member during the selection and building of TikTok’s international headquarters.
- Implemented and trained the LA HQ staff on the OKR process, aligning to ByteDance’s overall OKRs in Greater China.
- Successfully led the operational integration of Flipagram as a $24M wholly owned subsidiary of ByteDance.
Senior Director and Head of Program and Project Management
Aug 2014 - Jan 2017
Everyone has stories worth telling. Flipagram’s mission is to give everyone the power to create and share amazing immersive video stories with music that can inspire, entertain and inform. Flipagrams (Flips) are easy to create, fun to consume and by allowing photos, videos and music to tell the story, Flips transcend language, giving people all over the world the ability to share their own stories and to have a powerful voice. With tens of millions of users monthly worldwide and growing, Flipagram is a go-to platform for musical artists, influencers, brands and millions of ordinary people looking to tell stories in an authentic way that resonates and inspires action. Flipagram is fully licensed to allow music use in its videos via agreements with top record companies including Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music, Merlin and The Orchard—and music publishers, including Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG, Warner/Chappell, and the NMPA. Flipagram is available on iOS, Android, Amazon and Windows platforms.
- Dynamic role with oversight of program/project management, operations, legal, accounting, and business development. Coached a global team of 31 direct and indirect reports located in the U.S., Asia, Europe, and South America.
- Implemented enterprise-wide brand strategy and process improvement programs; introduced Agile, maximized market presence, and championed innovative technology. With 36M active users and 10M videos per month, positioned the company for the 2017 ByteDance a
- Increased daily active users by 20%, daily #flipagram comments by 32%, and a 30% daily increase in followers.
- Within 6-months, improved delivery rate by 33%, reduced defects by 20%, and saved $3M by implementing Agile.
- Led the development of Flipagram’s Window app, featured by Microsoft in their “App in 60 seconds” video channel.
- Improved filtering capabilities and servicing of subpoenas by establishing an offshore content moderation team.
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Jan 2013 - Aug 2014
Edmunds guides car shoppers online from research to purchase. With in-depth reviews of every new vehicle, shopping tips from an in-house team of experts, plus a wealth of consumer and automotive market insights, Edmunds helps millions of shoppers each month select, price and buy a car with confidence. Regarded as one of America's best workplaces by Fortune, Great Place to Work and Built In, Edmunds is based in Santa Monica,
- Managed the integration, implementation, and optimization of technology solutions.
- Within the PMO, trained and led project management and technical teams to incorporate Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup practices that supported business development goals.
- Led high-visibility projects, including the migration of the backend infrastructure to a cloud platform.
- Integrated and leveraged cloud-based tools to drive performance and innovation, including AWS and Betterworks.
- Formalized the OKR process and trained employees on the Betterworks system and the valuation of the program.
- Led strategic and impactful projects, reinventing the ad sales forecasting process and enabling a new business line.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.