- Fractional COO
- Fractional Product Leader
- Strategy Leader
Fractional COO and Product Strategist
Jason Novack is a business operator and product manager. He advises, builds with, and invests in innovative technology companies spanning web3 to aerospace. Previously, he led the venture studios and startup accelerators at Consensys and CNN. Before that, he was an early employee and operations lead at AI/ML startups Clarifai and Placemeter, and a two-time startup founder after beginning his career as an aerospace engineer.
I am interested in working with founding teams, operations teams, and innovation teams to create and support great technologies for good.
- General Management
Totally rebuilt the leading web3 startup accelerator from the ground up with a new program design, curriculum, investment model, and mentor network.
Jan 2016 - Present
Personal holding company building, advising, and investing in web3 and public goods.
- Designed and implemented a legal and governance structure for a community foundation serving the DAO of a top-15 L1 blockchain
- Built the first holistic employee compensation framework for a 400-person global technology startup
- Designed a framework for a new venture fund to share carry with its network of contributors
Senior Director of Emerging Products
Apr 2020 - Mar 2023
CNN Digital is the world leader in online news and information and seeks to inform, engage and empower the world.
- Led business operations for CNN’s digital product studio
- Served as part-time COO for each of our product teams
- Led product discovery and market testing for an interactive community product called Interview Club that we launched in 2022
- Built and managed a business unit dedicated to web3 innovation
General Manager, Tachyon
Sep 2018 - Apr 2020
Consensys is a global blockchain company focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum.
- Led operations & strategy for ConsenSys's internal venture studio and venture capital portfolio
- Designed and launched the Tachyon startup accelerator
Founder & COO
Jun 2017 - Sep 2018
Pilotship is your company's internal information assistant, giving each teammate smart notifications tailored to their individual work.
- Founded the company
- Raised seed capital from venture investors
Director of Business Operations
Jul 2015 - Jun 2017
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that specializes in computer vision and deep neural networks to identify and analyze images and videos.
- Joined as employee #10 and the first business hire
- Built our operating model and stood up all commercial & admin functions 0 to 1
- Led pricing, deal desk, business intelligence, program management, and billing
Senior Product Manager
Jun 2013 - Jul 2015
Placemeter (acquired by NetGear) is an urban intelligence platform using public video feeds and computer vision AI to generate real time data layer about places, streets, and neighborhoods.
- Led initial customer development & discovery
- Managed consumer mobile app and customer data dashboard product
- Led data analysis, GIS, product operations, and field operations
Aerospace Systems Engineer
Jul 2011 - Jul 2013
DRS Technologies (acquired by RADA Electronic Industries) is a defense contractor developing advanced avionics products.
- Led system design and unit testing for integrated avionics products
- Wrote & managed technical requirements
- Wrote new product development processes for our 250-person engineering group
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.