- Fractional CFO
- Strategic Vision & Leadership
Maximizing Financial Potential, One Strategy at a Time
Entrepreneurial executive leveraging capital raising expertise and background in corporate finance, investment banking, and operations to fuel growth for private businesses and startups. Visionary growth strategist utilizing business intelligence and market data to identify and capitalize on opportunities to accelerate profitability, including M&A. Mastery in financial planning & analysis (FP&A), strategic partnerships, team leadership, and establishing startup business infrastructure.
- Microsoft Excel
- Power BI
Ameribor® | The New Benchmark
- PE Sale
- Audit Oversight
- Financial Model
- Monthly Financial Reporting
AMERIBOR® is the unique benchmark interest rate created by the American Financial Exchange. AMERIBOR® reflecting the actual borrowing costs of thousands of small, medium and regional banks across America based on overnight unsecured loans made daily on AFX's exchange. AMERIBOR® is also useful for larger banks and financial institutions that do business with these banks, as well as small and middle market companies.
The London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) was historically the dominant benchmark for determining interest payments on adjustable rate financial products. There are trillions of dollars of loan and derivatives contracts tied to LIBOR which is scheduled to be phased out by the Bank of England in 2021.
Consequently there is an immediate need to develop alternative benchmarks whether or not LIBOR continues as a benchmark. The Federal Reserve Bank launched the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) as one alternative benchmark.
While useful in their respective markets, neither LIBOR nor SOFR serve the requirements of the thousands of banks across America which do not borrow at either LIBOR or SOFR to fund their balance sheets. These banks need a separate and distinct benchmark that reflects their actual borrowing costs. This benchmark is AMERIBOR®.
CFO-Greater Chicagoland Office Leader
Jan 2022 - Jul 2023
CLA is a top ten public accounting firm specializing in Outsourcing, Audit, Tax, Digital, and Wealth Management. CLA exists to create opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. With 7,400 people, more than 120 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we promise to know you and help you. For more information visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
- Drove strategic growth for client CEOs, by implementing forecasting functions, data analytics, KPIs, long-term planning, and streamlining operations to improve efficiencies.
- Obtained a $350K credit facility for a professional service firm by cleaning up their books and presenting the institution
- Implemented ASC 842 for four clients to remain GAAP compliant regarding the new lease standard
- Led the successful sale of a financial client to a PE firm as their Consulting CFO
- Drove profitability analysis and developed a future business strategy to increase revenue and accelerate growth
Second Life Mac
Feb 2020 - Dec 2021
Second Life Mac is the most experienced Apple device sellback partner for schools and businesses. Second Life Mac delivers experienced advice, trustworthy quotes, strict levels of data security, and a buyback process that is transparent, trackable, and streamlined.
- Secured a $6M credit facility by reestablishing trust-based banking relationships
- Generated $4M additional profit by reducing COGS by 4%
- Boosted profit margins by revamping the procurement process
- Increased 55% production at warehouse by optimizing processes and facilitating the new VP of Operations hiring
- Developed policies, procedures, internal controls, and training programs aligned with the organizational vision to continually achieve targeted goals
- Devised impactful financial strategies to penetrate untapped markets and expand sales channels
Feb 2017 - Feb 2020
- Secured $10M in funding via efforts during a capital raise roadshow in Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Dubai
- Saved $1M by restructuring IT and renegotiating 3rd-party contracts with vendors internationally, including Kosovo
- Led FP&A, internal controls, risk mitigation, fiscal reporting, and budgeting
- Established additional capital through a $1M credit facility, while maintaining appropriate debt capacity
- Achieved ASC 606 compliance for the SaaS revenue recognition model by instituting accounting department standards
- Developed internal controls and an anti-fraud program for employee training to minimize occupational fraud potential
American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities
Director of Finance
Feb 2017 - Dec 2019
1980, Quad A (a non-profit, physician founded and led global accreditation organization) has worked with thousands of healthcare facilities to standardize and improve the quality of health care they provide – believing that patient safety should always come first. At Quad A, the goal is simple, to be your go-to provider when it comes to accreditation – always striving to be an effective, efficient, and easy to work with partner that values education, reliability, and communication. We call it the Quad A promise, and it stands at the forefront of everything we do. Our thorough processes, expert surveyors, and consultative approach set us apart from other accreditation organizations – offering clearly defined criteria and scheduling processes so there are never any surprises. QUAD A – Global Accreditation Authority. Patients First. Always.
- Secured 35% credit line increase, facilitating funding of future acquisitions
- Reduced costs 6% by implementing process efficiencies and renegotiating vendor contracts
- Spearheaded initiative with potential to double revenue by adding pediatric dentistry accreditation, which would contribute 10,000 facilities’ worth of new business. Advised on pricing model
- Prepared for annual audit and collaborated with auditors. Monitored liquidity and financial covenant process
- • Implemented standards and process improvemenInitiated monthly executive committee calls, built and maintained 3-year forecasting and other complex models
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.