Crafting engaging experiences and driving product innovation and growth for 15+ years | Ex-Sling TV, CBS Sports
I love crafting engaging product experiences that people love while delivering business impact. I do this by instilling modern product practices, forging collaborative relationships across the business, and building amazing teams. I have 15+ years of experience as a product executive delivering product innovation and growth for high-traffic consumer digital products (~50M MAUs, ~3M subs) spanning both public companies and startups.
Most recently at Sling TV, I led the product management, product …
Sling App Redesignhttps://www.theverge.com/2021/5/25/22452993/sling-tv-new-app-features-design-amazon-fire-tv
Spearheaded complete redesign of Sling TV apps across connected TV, mobile, and browser platforms. The new user experience was the most comprehensive update in Sling TV's history. It offers a more personalized, intuitive and elegant design that allows users to quickly discover top TV shows, movies and more. Key changes include: new Home screen with personalized recommendations, reimagined Guide with easy channel favoriting and show recording, streamlined navigation menu, easy-to-use DVR, and enhanced video player controls.
Led Product for CBS Sports for record breaking Super Bowl 50 and Super Bowl 53 streams. Launched new CBS Sports connected TV apps on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox and Windows 10 apps for the Super Bowl 50 stream.
Launched free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service with over 200 channels and 40,000+ on demand titles across a variety of different genres, available through the Sling TV apps. Sling Freestream users can subscribe to more than 50 standalone streaming services, including AMC+, Discovery+, MGM+ and Paramount’s Showtime, or easily upgrade and downgrade to paid Sling packages right within the app.
CBS Sports HQhttps://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-hq/
Oversaw product, marketing, and streaming operations for the digital video and live streaming business at CBS Sports. Led product development for the launch of CBS Sports HQ, the first live 24/7 streaming sports network. Built out product experience to support the network across Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, Android, and web platforms.
VP of Product & Design
Mar 2020 - Aug 2023
Sling, a subsidiary of Dish Network, is the Emmy Award-winning live streaming TV service providing more than 1,000 channels from today’s most popular networks to millions of customers at the best value with the most flexibility.
- Spearheaded and launched complete redesign of Sling TV apps across connected TV, mobile, and browser platforms, resulting in increased viewer engagement, reduced subscriber cancellation rates, and creating a platform for future innovation.
- Led redesign and replatform of the sling.com e-commerce site, creating new capabilities for targeting, personalization, and A/B testing, increasing cart conversion rates by 9%.
- Launched Sling Freestream, a free ad-supported streaming TV service. Increased monthly active free users by 6x and total free viewing time by 4x in the first 6 months.
- Completely rebuilt the product organization during tenure and scaled to a 40 person team. Created the UX research, Growth product and design and Platform product teams.
- Drove transformation from SAFe agile framework to Silicon Valley Product Group-style product operating model.
- Awarded TechHive’s Most Improved Streaming Service (2021) and Tom’s Guide Best Live TV Streaming Service (2023).
- Represented Sling / Dish on the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) Video Division board and StreamTV Show Advisory Board.
CBS Sports Digital
Sr Director, Video Product and Operations
Jun 2017 - Jan 2020
CBS Sports Digital covers the full spectrum of sports with a focus on serving fans live coverage every day, offering exclusive access to the biggest sports events, live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, scores and statistics, and a wide range of fantasy games and advice.
- Led product development for the launch of CBS Sports HQ, the first live 24/7 streaming sports network. Built out product experiences across 7 platforms within 9 months from conception.
- Grew revenues for CBS Sports HQ into a double-digit million dollar business within the first 2 years of operation.
- Successfully streamed Super Bowl 53 to a record 7.5M unique viewers consuming 560M minutes.
CBS Sports Digital
Sr Director, Product
Aug 2015 - Jun 2017
CBS Sports Digital, a business unit of CBS Interactive (comScore top 7 US internet property), offering exclusive access to the biggest sports events, live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, scores and statistics, and a wide range of fantasy games and advice.
- Drove sustained audience growth, powering rise of CBS Sports Digital in the comScore sports category rankings from #8 when I started to #2 overall.
- Launched new Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox and Windows 10 apps to support successful Super Bowl 50 stream to a record 4M unique viewers consuming 400M minutes.
- Redesigned CBSSports.com to a responsive UI with new tech stack.
- Drove double-digit % increases in 2017 March Madness brackets signups, after flat signups the prior 5+ years, through funnel improvements and conversion optimization.
- Retired multiple legacy technology platforms, including re-platforming the content management system, providing increased flexibility and saving hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
MeeGenius (acquired by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Chief Product Officer and COO
Apr 2012 - Jul 2015
Leading children’s ebook app with a library of nearly 1,000 read-along storybooks, including classics from Sesame Street, Penguin Random House, and HarperCollins, as well as MeeGenius original stories. MeeGenius was acquired by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in July 2015.
- Led product management, user experience design, and engineering for award-winning native iOS, Android, Windows, and web apps. Oversaw day-to-day company operations, including editorial, publishing operations, customer service, marketing, and HR.
- Launched subscription service, transitioning from an individual book purchase model. Grew subscription revenue base to over 95% of total revenues.
- Increased mobile app installs by 5x to multiple millions of devices. Apps consistently rated 4+ stars and ranked in the top lists in Books and Kids categories in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Redesigned web application to create a mobile responsive, parents-targeted experience. Introduced new web commerce capabilities resulting in increase in web revenues from 5% to 20% of total revenues.
- Drove conversion of anonymous to registered users, increasing registered base by 20x to over half a million users.
Sr Director, Product Management
Jul 2005 - Aug 2011
LexisNexis is a $4.5 billion division of RELX Group providing legal, regulatory and business information and analytics. Led product strategy and execution to transform the Martindale-Hubbell business unit, a 140 year old publisher of law firm profile information, from a static online directory to an interactive network and community for legal professionals to help them grow their businesses. Martindale-Hubbell is currently owned by Internet Brands.
- Launched social networking and community functionality on martindale.com, growing the site into the largest online legal network with over 50K members.
- Achieved the highest product Net Promoter Score in the business unit and reversed in multi-year declines in revenues and site visits.
- Products awarded the Law Technology News Silver Medal for Best Collaboration Tool (2009), Society for New Communications Research (SNCR) Commendation of Excellence Award (2009), BtoB Social Media Marketing Award for Best Closed Community (2010).
- 3-time Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award finalist.
- Developed business case for the turnaround of the Martindale-Hubbell business unit, resulting in the approval for the largest organic investment ($30M/year) in LexisNexis history.
- Participated in 4 high-priority initiatives across various functions and business units as part of a two-year, post-MBA general management rotational program.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.