- Public Relations
- Media Pitching
- Issues management
- Earned media
- Thought Leadership
PR and comms for companies that matter. Fractional since 2013.
I'm a credible, well-networked corporate communications and public relations pro with significant experience working with companies of varying sizes on a fractional basis.
Over the past few years, I've worked fractional-based PR engagements for several fintech companies, one of which is publicly traded, a large real estate company, a holding company, and a global technology company. I've also worked with law firms and financial institutions extensively on project-based communications activity, gi…
Brands Beware: Musk’s Twitter Will Be A Cesspool Of Disinformation And Hate
Op-ed I wrote and placed under my own byline to seize a firm position on Elon Musk's acquisition of Twitter. It's safe to say that this one was pretty prescient.
Pay More, Get Less: The SAFE Banking Act Overpromises and Under Delivers
- Op-ed Writing
Op-ed that articulates a position on an active bill in Congress, which I ghostwrite and placed on behalf of a client. This op-ed is part of a broader initiative to amplify our stance on federal cannabis policy.
Black-owned grocery investor receives $13.5 million city grant to acquire Save-A-Lot stores on South and West sides
- Public Relations
Deadline-driven client project to secure coverage of a $13.5 community development grant to alleviate food insecurity in Chicago's disinvested communities.
The downstream effect of the exclusive, which we secured with The Chicago Tribune, produced dozens of additional pieces of earned media coverage.
Patients Say Marijuana Treats Neuropathy Just As Well As Opioids, And Most Report Using High-THC Cannabis, New Survey Finds
- Public Relations
Research that used client's first-party data to make industry news.
I worked with a highly respected outlet on cannabis policy to break the news as exclusive, which led to an additional 22 pieces of earned media coverage. KPIs exceeded expectations.
Fractional head of comms
Oct 2022 - Present
NuggMD is the largest telehealth platform for cannabis, serving 1.5m customers in 25 states where medical cannabis is lawful.
- Partner with CMO and head of legal to define positions on state and federal policy
- Collaborate with head of content to ensure content marketing and external comms worked in alignment
- Create and refine processes to measure the effectiveness of external comms activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key journalists in cannabis, healthcare, and policy spaces
- Act as spokesperson for the company, which involves publishing op-eds and giving on-the-record comments to journalists
Apr 2022 - Oct 2022
127 Wall is a holding company that supports promising entrepreneurs and businesses by delivering the thoughtful capital and operational insight that they need in order to effectively scale.
- Oversaw the public relations function for the company's first acquisition, driving significant press coverage and nurturing relationships with key political stakeholders
- Collaborated with PR teams of various counterparties to devise and execute well-thought-out communications activity
Jan 2022 - Oct 2022
Voyager Digital is a cryptocurrency brokerage which filed for bankruptcy last July, becoming among the first casualties of the dramatic fall in prices that shook the cryptocurrency sector.
- Provided on-demand advice to the company's CEO and CMO before, during, and after its precedent-setting bankruptcy
- Fielded and responded to media requests on a daily basis
- Managed the company's outside public relations agency and made decisions as to how resources would be deployed
- Drafted talking points and position statements on cryptocurrency regulation, which were used by executive leadership
Jones Lang LaSalle
Head of communications
Apr 2018 - Apr 2020
Managed by the real estate company Jones Lang LaSalle, The Old Post Office Chicago is an $800m flagship office property that was the largest adaptive re-use project in the country during its renovation in 2018.
- Led all communications and public affairs activity for the property during its renovation and subsequent opening
- Drove more than 260 pieces of earned media coverage during the three-year contract, which included foundational coverage in The Chicago Tribune, Architectural Digest, The Chicago Sun-Times, and other key media
- Collaborated with stakeholders from the property's design firm, architects, and broker to execute press events
- Fielded a considerable amount of inbound press inquiries during high-profile news periods
- Performed crisis communication in collaboration with legal stakeholders
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.