Explore how a fractional CMO can unlock growth in your business. Dive into the proven benefits and find out how to hire top talent through Go Fractional.
Marketing Transformation Expert (ex-Amazon, Disney, NFL)
Throughout my 15 year marketing career at companies like Amazon, Disney and the NFL, I often found myself at the forefront of change. I successfully led product launches, rebrands, and distribution strategy pivots by combining a deep understanding of customer needs with an ability to translate top-line growth objectives into actionable marketing strategies.
I left the corporate world in 2023 and founded Cara Verwholt Consulting, where I partner with founders and marketing leaders to uncover valuable customer insights, refine brand narratives, and optimize marketing strategies—ensuring that the approach is designed to deliver on broader business objectives.
NFL+ Launch (2022)https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more
As the head of Product Marketing for NFL direct-to-consumer digital (NFL+, NFL app, NFL Fantasy app), I built the go-to-market campaign for NFL+, the NFL’s exclusive streaming service, from inception to launch in 8 months. I defined the marketing budget, brand platform, creative approach, performance marketing strategy, and integrated channel plan, and led a cross-functional team to execute the campaign.
Cara Verwholt Consulting
Founder & Principal
Oct 2023 - Present
Cara Verwholt Consulting is a Charlotte-based practice that specializes in steering marketing transformations.
- We partner with CMOs and business leaders to uncover valuable customer insights, refine brand narratives, and optimize marketing strategies—ensuring that the approach is designed to deliver on broader business objectives.
The National Football League
Sr. Director, Gaming & Product Marketing
Nov 2021 - May 2023
Head of Product Marketing for NFL direct-to-consumer digital (NFL+, NFL app, NFL Fantasy app). Responsible for driving subscription revenue and fan engagement.
- Launched NFL+, the NFL's exclusive streaming service, in 2022.
The Walt Disney Company
Director, Marketing Strategy
Sep 2017 - Nov 2021
From Sept 2017 through Feb 2021, I led TV, film & app marketing across a diverse portfolio of US & CA distribution partners. From Feb 2021 through Nov 2021, I led brand and marketing strategy for shopDisney.com.
- Led shopDisney brand development work. Created the site’s first brand video, which beat cost-per-view benchmarks by +50% and drove 3-4x search lift.
- Developed shopDisney’s FY22 global strategic marketing plan and budget. Presented recommendations to senior business and finance leadership and received approval on increased marketing budget.
- Managed large-scale film promotional campaigns with digital retailers, including the first-ever Marvel flash sale in 2018 and the Vudu Viewing Party for Avengers: Infinity War, which generated 298M impressions on Twitter.
Senior Marketing Manager
Mar 2014 - Aug 2017
From Mar 2017 through Aug 2015, I led third-party seller acquisition, engagement and retention for Fulfillment by Amazon. From Aug 2015 through Aug 2017, I owned third-party merchant onboarding, in-app merchandising strategy, seasonal campaigns, and frequency & retention goals for Amazon Prime Now.
- Launched the Prime Now Weekly Ad program, which provided a scalable framework for merchant-run sales.
- Designed and executed three phases of multivariate tests on a key email nurture program ($2.4MM annualized increase in contribution profit).
Mar 2010 - Feb 2014
I played an integral role in INOVIA’s growth from startup to the world’s second largest foreign patent filter in 2014. I owned brand strategy, corporate communications, SMB customer acquisition, and reporting and analytics.
- Developed INOVIA’s marketing technology infrastructure, implementing Marketo and later Pardot marketing automation platforms.
Jun 2008 - Feb 2010
Marketing program owner (planning, execution and analysis) for email, print and partnership channels.
- Drove revenue for leading home services brands, including ADT Home Security and DIRECTV.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.