Fractional recruiting gives you access to exceptional talent at reduced costs. Learn how fractional talent can benefit your company and how to hire them.
Agency hustle, internal feel
I've spent 10 years supporting tech startups. Most of that has been as a contingency partner, but I've successfully delivered multiple times as a contract internal recruiter. I thoroughly enjoy working closely with founders to maximize inbound while supplementing with outreach, as necessary. My priority is to meet early stage startups where they are and make hiring both flexible and financially sensible.
Under the banner of Keen Search, I'm currently the fractional recruiter for a stealth mode fintech (mortgage + blockchain) startup. We're averaging 2-3 hires per month with a combination of inbound applicants from our job postings and outreach to passive candidates. We've accomplished this for 70-80% less cash than a contingency firm would have charged.
Jan 2020 - Present
Boutique agency supporting a select few clients.
- Partnered with two prominent crypto exchanges to hire dozens of software engineers
- Partnered with a Series B (then C) health tech startup to hire a VPE, Sr. Director of Engineering, Head of Infosec, and multiple software and security engineers
- Partnered with a Series A PropTech startup to hire multiple software engineers
Founder & Chief Nobody
Sep 2018 - Jan 2020
Supported tech startups in Seattle and Salt Lake City for ~18 months before merging with Rango Talent to form Keen Search.
- Supported Seattle and Salt Lake City tech startups in a variety of ways: internal recruiter, hourly sourcing, and contingency search.
- WEconnect (6 month contract): Internal recruiter for a mission-based startup bringing technology to bear on addiction recovery.
- InsideSales.com (7 month contract): Internal recruiter for a well-known Utah tech company. ~20 hires.
- Protegrity (3 month contract): Internal recruiter for a data protection startup. Multiple marketing leadership hires.
Apr 2013 - Jun 2018
Started my recruiting career at a 30-person agency.
- Partnered with dozens of NYC tech startups. Hated pretty much everything about agency ethics and work culture, so I branched out on my own.
(Senior) Associate Advisory
Jan 2008 - Mar 2013
Started my post-grad career as an external auditor (CPA) then credit risk consultant during the great financial crisis.
- Community bank M&A due diligence
- ALLL methodology enhancement
- Capital planning and stress testing
- Project management on a variety of banking engagements (policies & procedures enhancement, systems implementation/integration, data integrity assessment)
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.