I am a creative, driven and results-oriented strategist with measurable success as a marketing, strategic partnerships, content production and creative lead, including the successful launch over 45 hardware and digital products.
Over 10 years’ experience producing best-in-class content, driving high-level artist relations programs and executing 360 integrated marketing campaigns for global music, tech and media brands. Co-inventor of the Akai Fire MIDI controller.
I am currently the General Manager and Creative Marketing Director for the popular music ensemble, Vitamin String Quartet.
- Brand Marketing
- Brand management
- Brand Strategy
- Product Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
Worked as Brand Manager on Apple Music and Podcasts projects via Marcom LA, an internal agency that produces world-class content in support of a variety of campaigns and projects that vary in budget and scope.
I played a vital role in the creative marketing concepting, strategy and asset production across digital, print, social media and OOH touchpoints for Apple Music Classical, a new product that launched in March 2023.
Collaborated with Brand Strategy lead to build Q4 2022 social media strategy brief for Apple Podcasts, leading to the approval of a $2 million budget to hire new team members and bring on an external production agency.
Was lead Brand Manager on the first Marcom LA project presented to and approved by CEO Tim Cook, an engraving letter written by Cook that went out to key influencers in the Classical music space in advance of the launch of Apple Music Classical.
- Apple Keynote
- Brand management
- Brand Strategy
- Product Marketing
Developed and executed a global brand and product marketing strategy that led to dramatically increased brand awareness and year-over-year sales revenue growth. Used both paid and organic marketing campaigns to drive sales.
Increased Instagram following from 17K – 190K in 3 years.
Produced 76 product marketing videos, including artist-driven content featuring Metro Boomin, Mike Will Made It, Scott Storch, Bryan-Michael Cox, Melissa Reese, and Decap, among other notable artists and producers.
- Google Analytics
- Strategic Partnerships
- Brand Strategy
- Event Planning
Led global talent marketing strategy (B2B) with a focus on acquiring new and retaining existing podcasting talent.
Negotiated partnership with renowned audio tech manufacturer Focusrite. This resulted in packaging six months' free access to Acast's Influencer hosting plan with the purchase of Focusrite’s Vocaster audio interfaces worldwide.
Initiated and negotiated Acast's involvement as the event official Podcast sponsor for A3C, the preeminent conference focused on the culture and business of hip-hop. This partnership gave the brand considerable exposure within the hip-hop community and led to over 70 new creators signing up to the platform.
- Creative Direction
- Strategic Partnerships
- Influencer Marketing
Strategic Partnership Manager for startup video production companies Motiversity and MotivationHub, two of the biggest motivational channels on YouTube.
Grew YouTube subscriber count by 163% in 14 months Motiversity (550K – 1.45M).
Successfully negotiated content partnership deals with Fox Sports, Premier Boxing Champions, London Real, Valuetainment and the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
- Adobe Premier Pro
Vitamin String Quartet
Creative Marketing Director | General Manager
Sep 2023 - Present
Since the project’s start in 1999, Vitamin String Quartet (VSQ) has helped establish classical crossover as a genuine force in contemporary music while accompanying countless listeners through their workday and late-night study sessions, scoring unforgettable film and TV moments, and helping couples around the world create their perfect wedding playlist. Fresh off high-profile placements in Netflix's smash Bridgerton and Universal’s The King of Staten Island, VSQ has “reached a mainstream, global audience” (Variety) and “charmed the world with their classical covers” (Nylon). As such, they have become one of the most popular contemporary string ensembles in the world.
- Led the marketing strategy and devised the digital advertising campaign strategy for the label’s most successful single release to date, “Snow on the Beach”. The single has performed 83% better in terms of streaming figures than the previous top single
- Orchestrating a holistic marketing and content strategy across digital platforms by leveraging data-driven insights
- Building out social media content strategy with the aim of supporting new releases, generating new streams of revenue for the CMH label, and growing current monetization sources
- Streamline internal production processes and provide leadership to staff of nine in function of General Manager
Consultant / Self-Employed
Consultant (Marketing / Strategic Partnerships / Production)
Apr 2021 - Present
- Led rebranding strategy for online education platform My Legal Academy. This entailed producing a brand design kit, giving art direction for production of new company logo, along with wireframing and writing copy for a new website (2022-2023)
- Product Lead, Workfront Marketing Consultant UnitedHealth Care (2023)
Brand Manager (Contract)
Mar 2022 - Oct 2022
apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the macintosh in 1984. today, apple leads the world in innovation with iphone, ipad, the mac and apple watch. apple’s three software platforms — ios, os x and watchos — provide seamless experiences across all apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the app store, apple music, apple pay and icloud. apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. apple is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. we also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Worked as Brand Manager on Apple Music and Podcasts projects via Marcom LA, an internal agency that produces world-class content in support of a variety of campaigns and projects that vary in budget and scope
- Guided creative production process as Brand Manager of Up Next, a monthly Apple Music program that appears on platform and Digital OOH in Los Angeles, Nashville and New York City
- Played vital role in the creative marketing concepting, strategy and asset production across digital, print, social media and OOH touchpoints for Apple Music Classical, a new product that launched March 2023
- Collaborated with Brand Strategy leads to build Q4 social media strategy brief for Apple Podcasts
Global Podcaster Marketing Manager
May 2021 - Mar 2022
Since 2014, Acast has been creating the world’s most valuable podcast marketplace, building the technology which connects podcast creators, advertisers and listeners. Its marketplace spans 100,000 podcasts, 2,300 advertisers and 400 million monthly listens. Crucially, those listens are monetized wherever they happen - across any podcasting app or other listening platform. The company operates worldwide and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Acast is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ACAST.ST). For brilliant podcasters. For smart advertisers. For The Stories.
- Led global podcaster marketing strategy (B2B) with a focus on acquiring new and retaining existing talent
- Strategized in-person and virtual brand activations with the purpose of bringing top podcasters to the Acast platform
- Initiated and planned participation as official podcast sponsor of A3C 2021 in Atlanta
- Collaborated with Brand, Creative, Marketing and Content Development teams to design initiatives that raise brand awareness of the Acast platform within the global podcaster community
- Composed marketing copy for newsletters targeting creators of all levels
- Drove co-branding partnership with pro audio brand Focusrite with the goal of bundling Acast subscriptions for the global launch of audio interface line specifically aimed at podcasters
Strategic Partnership Manager
May 2019 - Aug 2020
Our mission at Motiversity is to inspire every person in the world to realize, go after and achieve their greatest potential. Motiversity is the #1 motivational media company on YouTube with a network of channels that have over 6 million subscribers and over 15 million video views a month. Our brands include 3 of the most popular brands in the motivational industry: Motiversity, Motivation2Study and MotivationHub. Motiversity itself is an independent record label for some of the world’s best Motivational Speakers. We produce emotional audios that teach valuable lessons, with a particular focus on original, highly-edited, exclusive speeches. We aim to inspire adults like Disney inspires kids. To leave people feeling hope, happy, adventure and excitement about life, but also to teach them valuable lessons along the way.
- Strategic Partnership Manager for popular motivational YouTube channels Motiversity and MotivationHub
- Advocated for and designed the content production strategy and schedule for Motiversity and MotivationHub
- Planned over 80 videos for the channels
- YouTube subscriber count grew by 163% during my tenure (550K – 1.45M)
- Provided creative direction to Video team for all videos
- Managed video production for the Nation Brand Project, a motivational video series created in collaboration with the Government of the United Arab Emirates
- Initiated and signed partnership deals with top motivational speakers and content creators including Brian Rose, Patrick Bet-David, Billionaire PA, Coach Pain, Walter Bond, Brian Bullock, among others
- Streamlined partnership status updates by creating a tracking system for all speakers, voiceover talent and composers using Google Drive
- Commissioned music compositions for videos, working directly with composers and producers
- Planned multiple videos with over 1 million views and counting including two with over eight million views to date “When it Hurts” and “The Mindset of Winners” featuring Kobe Bryant
- Hosted two episodes of the Life Lessons by Motiversity podcast
Brand Manager - Akai Professional
Feb 2015 - Oct 2018
inMusic is the parent company for a family of premier brands that includes AIR Music Technology, Akai Professional, Alesis, Alto Professional, Denon DJ, Denon Pro, Marantz Professional, HeadRush, ION Audio, Marq Lighting, M-Audio, MixMeister, Numark, Rane, and Sonivox. Committed to pushing the boundaries of innovation in the DJ, music production, live sound, musical instrument, pro audio, lighting and consumer electronics industries, each of inMusicʼs brands creates cutting-edge products that incorporate and build upon the latest in engineering, design, and technology.
- Managed cross-functionally with internal creative and external teams in video, graphic design and web to create captivating content that supported the launch and lifecycle of numerous hardware and software products
- Drove creative vision and brand voice for Akai
- Developed and executed a global brand and product marketing strategy that led to dramatically increased brand awareness and sales revenue records year-over-year
- Successfully launched two category-defining products, the MPC Live and MPC X, leading to record-breaking sales figures in 2017 and 2018
- Designed wireframes for company website, email newsletters, in-store POP and POS displays
- Produced over 70 marketing and tutorial videos. Playlist http://bit.ly/TJonesVideoPortfolio
- Planned and hosted brand activation events in major cities throughout the US and Canada at A3C, SXSW, IMSTA Festa, NAMM and more
- Organized brand activation event strategy, including A3C in Atlanta, IMSTA Festa in Toronto, Music Expo in Boston
- Increased Instagram following from 17K – 190K in 3 years; improved overall social media engagement by 70% over the same period of time
- Wrote copy across marketing touchpoints: product gift boxes, social media, web sites and press releases
- Drove email marketing campaign strategy
- Supported International Sales and Marketing teams by supplying content and copy that was then translated to boost sales globally
- Directed artist relations strategy, leading to marketing videos with globally-influential producers
- Worked with Web and Creative teams on new design of Akaipro.com and affiliated product pages. UX design ideas from all corners of tech, entertainment and e-commerce were evaluated and implemented
- Presented marketing roadmap for new products to key merchandise buyers at Guitar Center Corporate HQ
- Co-designed, named and created concept for Akai Fire, released in September 2018, it is the first dedicated hardware controller for the popular FL Studio DAW
US Artist Relations Manager
Jun 2012 - Jul 2013
For over 25 years, Native Instruments has been at the forefront of sonic innovation. Guided by our mission to inspire and enable creators to express themselves, we develop integrated audio hardware and software solutions for musicians, producers, engineers, and DJs of all genres and levels of experience.
- Approved and supervised North American artist endorsement program across producer, beat maker and DJ product lines for the world’s leading music tech company
- Aligned the Berlin-based company with top-tier US music artists, producers and brand partners
- Produced Kendrick Lamar beat MASCHINE marketing video, generating 865K+ YouTube views
- Managed strategic marketing campaigns driven by key artist influencers covering all product lines and launches
- Led artist marketing strategies in North America; served as liaison between 100+ artists, managers, staff and EDUs
- Organized 20+ brand activation events, including VIP parties, in-store promotions, comprised of 20 – 300 guests
- Collaborated US artists with German Research and Development staff to perform beta testing on new products
- Forged partnerships with Dub Academy, Pyramind School, Scratch Academy, iStandard, Sonos, and SAE
- Gathered quotes and testimonials from high profile artists for use on NI’s site to support digital
- marketing campaigns
Extreme Music / Sony ATV
Project Manager - Digital Catalogue Executive
Feb 2011 - Jun 2012
We fuel the creative journey.
- Project manager for creation of a micro library called Mixtape. The collection comprises over 70 albums and 1100 songs used or TV, film and trailer sync
- Worked directly with songwriters, producers, composers and content teams from Electronic Arts, MTV and Burst Labs to create Mixtape
- Hired new Digital Content Producer. I trained and managed the employee during the company’s challenging switch from a Flash based website to HTML5
- Provided music supervision on client searches
- Created topical and seasonal playlists to aid client searches
- Conceptualized new albums by anticipating industry trends and client demand
- Tagged all incoming tracks using Extreme’s content management system. These descriptive keywords are vital in facilitating client and staff searches on the company’s site
Extreme Music / Sony ATV
Digital Content Manager
Nov 2009 - Mar 2011
We fuel the creative journey.
- Managed the online database for Sony ATV’s production music division using proprietary content management system (CMS) and MySQL
- Maintained the accuracy of all metadata on the site and for 30,000 + digital files. I used a combination of Extreme’s CMS, Soundminer and Excel to achieve this
- Created Automator scripts for Mac. These scripts cut down the processing time of albums by an hour (50%), allowing albums to get published on the site and out to client faster
- Created a previously non-existent workflow for the position that is still used by the company
- Assisted with UI/UX design during the development of Extreme’s iPad app and HTML5 site
- Worked with off-site developers to improve the site’s search engine results
- Collaborated with content suppliers, composers, production houses and Extreme’s marketing, creative, legal and graphics departments to incorporate new music into the library
- Used Tunecore to place selected albums on digital music retail sites including Amazon
- Uploaded all content using various FTP clients including WinSCP and Filezilla
East Bay Express
Jul 2009 - Oct 2009
- Wrote music reviews for the weekly alternative newspaper and website
Digital Content Producer
Jan 2008 - Jul 2008
paramount is a leading media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes cbs, showtime networks, paramount pictures, nickelodeon, mtv, comedy central, bet, paramount+, pluto tv and simon & schuster, among others. paramount delivers the largest share of the u.s. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of tv and film titles. in addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
- Managed the workflow for the entire swing shift crew of metadata editors
- Edited metadata featured on CBS’ music site, using their content management system
- Ripped and uploaded the entire AOL Radio CD library (over 13,000 CDs) to CBS’ server using a 12 computer station and proprietary FTP client
- Programmed music content for themed AOL Radio stations
- Temporary assignment originally slated for three months turned into a six month project
The Playlist Generation
Dec 2007 - Mar 2008
- Edited and uploaded audio from playlists selected by Michael Smith using Rogue Amoeba Fission
- Created DJ-friendly mixes featured in Michael Smith’s monthly MoMA sets in New York City
- Clients included The Standard Hotels, Lucky Strike Bowling Lanes, Jaguar, Fred Segal and Katsuya
- Interned days at MSEM while working nights at CBS Radio
Digital Radio Producer
Dec 2006 - Jan 2011
Yahoo serves as a trusted guide for hundreds of millions of people globally, helping them achieve their goals online through our portfolio of iconic products. For advertisers, Yahoo Advertising offers omnichannel solutions and powerful data to engage with our brands and deliver results. To learn more about Yahoo, please visit yahooinc.com.
- Curated and programmed 30 + Internet radio stations covering Classical, Jazz, World and Hip-Hop
- Developed and programmed new streaming radio stations
- Worked directly with labels (indie, majors and specialty) to acquire new music for myself and other content staff to use in programming Launchcast stations
- Created seasonal stations such as Jazz Christmas and Classical Christmas
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.