- Fractional CMO
- Fractional GTM Leader
- Go-to-market Strategy
- Sales and Marketing
- Sales Enablement
Fractional CMO - 15 Years of C-Level Experience Across Digital Assets, Finance and Technology
Proven executive with track record taking companies from early stages to millions of users, billions in loans, and hundreds of billions in annual transactions.
Built marketing strategies and departments from the ground up at companies backed by investors including Google, Moore Capital, Dow Jones and SoftBank, growing firms over 20x to $850+ million in EBIDTA.
Deep operational and marketing expertise with a comprehensive understanding of growth drivers. Translate company vision into market-leadin…
Chief Marketing Officer
Mar 2020 - Oct 2022
Genesis facilitates billions in digital currency trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. Our team combines decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks with a deep understanding of cryptocurrency markets. Our platform provides a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
- Joined leadership team as first 30 employees. Helped company scale from $10 billion to over $300 billion in annual transactions.
- Repositioned trading firm as industry's premier digital asset prime brokerage. Launched Custody, Derivatives, Treasury, Cap Intro and Venture Investing business lines. Recruited and led marketing department from the ground up, expanding to global team of 15 across offices in New York, London and Singapore.
- Developed channels and optimized campaigns targeting 5 core customer segments & 7 product lines across the US, APAC and EMEA. Created sales content lifting win rates and reducing time to close. Ran campaigns generating an 18% increase in active customers w/ a 23% increase in cross-sell activity. Oversaw 8-figure annual budget driving 20x EBITDA growth. Scaled pipeline and revenue impact y/y.
- Took multiple business lines to top 3 in global market share. Grew client base including UHNW individuals, family offices, hedge funds, corporate treasuries, sovereign wealth funds and endowments. Accelerated OTC trading volume from $5 billion to $100+ billion annually, lending volume from $10 billion to over $200 billion in completed loans, and derivatives volume from launch to $50+ billion traded annually.
- Oversaw all initiatives tied to company brand, public relations, demand generation, go-to-market, product marketing, content marketing, field marketing and sales enablement. Company recognized as best Market Making Provider by Hedgeweek, and as Best In-House PR and Communications Team of the Year.
Chief Marketing Officer
Oct 2017 - Mar 2020
Laso is a machine intelligence company. We help financial institutions understand their customers, better calculate risk, and optimize their lending activities so they can provide more capital to people, businesses and communities across America. Laso's Intelligence Engines were trained originating and servicing over $850 million in loans, allowing our team of banking and finance specialists, machine learning experts, data scientists and technologists to test and generate insights incorporating millions of unique data points. To date, Laso has partnered with financial institutions to underwrite over $6.5 billion in loans. Clients have leveraged Laso's data science and automation infrastructure to earn over $125 million in interest. Forbes called Laso "a full-measure Artificial Intelligence proposition... a machine learning solution that develops and tests multiple complex lending algorithms," and Microsoft said "[Laso is] revitalizing traditional lending ... a groundbreaking approach."
- Joined leadership team alongside series A, grew business to $6.5 billion in loans. Company was acquired by Lendio.
- CMO for AI credit-scoring and lending fintech. Responsibilities included enterprise-wide strategic planning, commercialization of products and services, and growth across B2C and B2B business lines. Company received investment from Moore Capital and Nelnet, with credit facilities from Citibank and Credit Suisse.
- Hired and led marketing team with P&L-view to drive sales performance and EBITDA growth. Oversaw B2C campaigns to originate and service small business loans to train AI scoring models. Developed and maintained robust top-of-funnel through performance marketing, affiliate marketing and partnership development. Ran growth strategy and day-to-day execution as portfolio grew to $750 million in loans, training models on over 3.5 billion data points.
- Launched B2B platform licensing AI scoring models and lending automation tools to financial institutions and infrastructure providers. Led digital properties, go-to-market, demand generation, account-based marketing and sales enablement. Developed client and partner ecosystem including Lendio, Aperia, TSYS, Temenos, Moody’s and Equifax. Coordinated partnerships and marketing campaigns driving growth in total loan volume to over $6.5 billion. Built out pilots with community banks and credit unions generating over $125 million in interest payments.
- Business was acquired by Lendio and integrated as end-to-end lender-tech platform and loan origination software for banks, alternative lenders and community development financial institutions, driving over $20 billion in loans to date.
Nov 2015 - Oct 2017
Marketing and growth advisory firm w/ clients including Fidelity Investments, Nelnet, Petersons and SVAcademy.
- Led firm w/ engagements generating $15+ million in incremental revenue for clients.
- Ran audits and roadmapping sessions with senior executives to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Defined specific, actionable strategies to generate customers and drive revenue. Developed marketing plans and became team extension over implementation sprints, working closely with in-house marketing and sales on all aspects of campaign execution.
- Client results included lifecycle marketing campaigns for an underserved customer segment that grew order volume 350% and cross-sales 40% y/y, go-to-market plans for a new product line that exceeded lead generation goals by 550%.
- Additional client results included a customer referral program that led to $1.5M in incremental revenue, and new channel partnerships that grew revenue from $1M to $3.5M in one year.
Chief Executive Officer
Aug 2009 - Oct 2015
Launched in September 2008, Unigo.com is quickly becoming the go-to resource for prospective college students and parents looking for authentic information about the schools they’re considering. The site features tens of thousands of reviews, photos, videos and articles from America’s top colleges, provided by the real experts - the students who attend them. The New York Times reported “Unigo’s college reviews make the U.S. News summaries read like junk mail”. The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg called Unigo “a college resource built for the age of YouTube and Facebook.” Unigo was named “one of the 100 private companies with the biggest impact on the public sector” by Always On, listed amongst “The Top 10 Social Networks for Generation Y” by Mashable, and was a finalist for a 2009 Webby Award in the category “Best Social Networking Site.” At the age of 26, as CEO of Unigo.com, Jordan was named “one of the 100 most influential New Yorkers in the digital business community” by Silicon Alley Insider. In October, 2009, Unigo formed a strategic relationship with the Wall Street Journal and launched “WSJ On Campus” (http://wsj.unigo.com). This new content section within Unigo combines trusted insight and advice from The Wall Street Journal with insider perspectives received from Unigo’s network of current students and admissions experts from colleges and universities across the country. The Wall Street Journal is the world's leading business publication and holds 33 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal has a print and online circulation of more than 2 million, reaching the nation's top business and political leaders.
- Founded and led through to acquisition, w/ company growing to $37 million in annual revenue across content, data and financial services business lines.
- Launched firm focused on college information market, the second largest consumer purchase in America. Built network of 3,000 on-campus representatives. Incentivized 750,000 college students to create reviews, photos and videos. Syndicated content to power college rankings for The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, US News & World Report and Time Inc. Grew site to 4,000th most highly trafficked in the US.
- Raised investments and grants from Dow Jones, McGraw-Hill Ventures and the Gates Foundation. Built marketplace of 20,000 paid tutors and college counselors, and scholarship database to 3.6 million scholarships representing $15 billion in awards. Grew user base to 2 million registered high school students and families, with over 100 million unique visitors from launch.
- Powered millions of annual matching interactions between students and higher education partners. Developed market research and enrollment marketing services w/ 50+ university clients including UCLA, George Washington University, MIT and Colgate. Expanded into financial services with private student loan and international student funding business lines. Led acquisition by financial services firm Education Plus Holdings.
- Company grew to 45 employees w/ $37 million in annual revenue across advertising, tutoring, market research, enrollment marketing and financial services business lines. Private loan portfolio grew to over 100,000 student loans. Delivered targeted advertising programs for 150+ brands including Citizens Bank, Discover, Apple and Best Buy.
Chief Executive Officer
Jun 2009 - Sep 2011
Switchboard is a B2B platform providing tools that help companies to connect more efficiently with customers to increase sales.
- Founded and led through to acquisition, w/ company reaching 7-figures in sales within 15 months of launch.
- Developed product, sales materials and go-to-market. Closed pilot customers.
- Completed licensing deals with companies including News Corp, McGraw-Hill, Macmillan Ventures, Rosenblatt Securities and Jabil Manufacturing.
- Saw 350% growth in average deal size y/y, and a 100% annual renewal rate.
- Business was acquired by Aequitas Capital, a private equity and financial services firm with $1.65 billion in assets under management. Platform developed further as proprietary software.
Students' Guide from Penguin Books
Chief Executive Officer
Dec 2001 - Jan 2008
Penguin is the world's leading trade publisher. We seek out and champion brilliant voices from across the globe, bringing their stories, ideas and writing to audiences everywhere.
- While in college, incentivized 30,000 students to write college reviews. Edited results into a book profiling schools across America. Closed distribution deal with nation’s largest publisher. Book developed into a series, released in five annually updated editions.
- Built and refined initial survey to generate college reviews. Hired 250 on-campus representatives. Led 3-month representative program to workshop campaign concepts. Created detailed playbooks to drive awareness across schools. Campaigns received national attention and tens of thousands of responses. Edited results into a 700-page title.
- Pitched and closed publishing deal with Penguin Books. Released nationwide and featured in outlets including Time, Forbes, ABC News and US News & World Report. Worked with Penguin to turn title into a series. Received and edited thousands of new submissions annually. Refined campus representative program, marketing campaigns and playbooks y/y.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.