- Fractional CMO
- Digital Strategy
- Go-To-Market Strategies & Implementation
All things marketing
Senior results-oriented marketer with over a decade of experience launching and growing dozens of digital-first brands. Focused on developing, implementing, and optimizing full-funnel growth strategies to attain the first $1M to $75M in revenue. Fingers-to-keyboard and strategy experience across website, paid, owned, and earned media for both subscription and non-subscription based businesses. Tactical, scrappy, and proven team leader with the ability to navigate highly matrixed organizations, i…
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets
- Facebook Ads
ALOHA, Basis, Beautyrest, Capitalize, CarmaCare, Dormify, Fable (Pets), Finch, MMLaFleur, Mockingbird (Strollers), Oatly, Pinrose, Realm, Serta, Tomorrow Sleep, Tracksmith, Tuft & Needle, and Ursa Major
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Operations
- Affiliate Marketing
- Facebook Marketing
- User Research
- Search Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Influencer Marketing
- Competitive Analysis
Launched 8 companies: Phenology, Raden, Mockingbird, d.velop, Capitalize, Tomorrow Sleep, Basis, Fable
Consulted and advised 7 companies already in market: Oatly, Serta Simmons Bedding, Tracksmith, MMLaFleur, Dormify, Finch, Realm, and Tuft & Needle.
Led growth and/or reported into head of marketing (ecomm, acquisition, and retention) for Hologram, Oyster, Bonobos, Raden.
- Google Analytics
Kristin O'Rourke (KAM Strategic Consulting LLC)
Founder and CEO
Jan 2016 - Present
Founded single person growth marketing consulting firm that serves digital-first brands with yearly budgets up to $16M. Clients: ALOHA, Basis, Beautyrest, Capitalize, CarmaCare, Dormify, Fable (Pets), Finch, MMLaFleur, Mockingbird (Strollers), Oatly, Pinrose, Realm, Serta, Tomorrow Sleep, Tracksmith, Tuft & Needle, and Ursa Major
- Work with executive teams at various phases, including pre-launch, launch, growth, and scale to define marketing and business goals based on funding, resources, company lifecycle, competitors, and historical track record.
- Identify gaps within marketing strategies, operations, digital infrastructure, and agency partners; effectively create business cases for new initiatives, and present to key stakeholders.
- Build marketing budget and channel allocation models based on KPIs and business strategy.
- Obtain buy-in and strategic feedback on full-funnel marketing campaigns and new feature launches; implement procedures to execute, drive measurable results, and streamline internal processes.
- Analyze marketing data to drive continuous improvement and hypothesis-led testing of new concepts.
- Assist in talent recruitment and re-organization of internal teams. Vet, negotiate, and manage agencies.
Jun 2021 - Mar 2023
Founded in 2021 and backed by Royal DSM with $100M, Hologram Sciences builds and launches personalized subscription-based nutrition brands and partners with in-market brands. Brands: d.velop (Vitamin D), Phenology (Menopause – including CBD products), Healthy Aging (collab with Haleon), and Momentous (Athletic & Human Performance).
- First marketing hire after CMO; managed growth team of four across acquisition, retention, and eComm
- Oversaw numerous consultants and acted as primary contact for external agencies across paid social, paid search, Amazon, SEO, website development, analytics, data, content, UGC, influencer, and affiliate.
- Defined and launched full-funnel GTM acquisition strategies, from paid ads and landing pages to lead nurture and conversions, with a keen focus on customer segmentation and behavioral analysis.
- Developed website roadmap and coordinated with cross functional teams to bring features to life; defined strategic priorities and requirements, managed the budget, and tracked performance.
- Designed operational and testing frameworks to optimize campaigns across targeting, messaging, and offers.
- Built and maintained detailed forecast, budget, demand planning, product risk assessment scenarios, and campaign performance reporting
- Prepared and presented reports to executive team, providing insights and recommendations to improve KPIs (CAC, LTV, AOV, retention cohort, purchase frequency).
- Partnered with external resources to ensure data cleanliness and optimized MarTech stack.
Director of Marketing and Operations
Jan 2016 - Oct 2016
Joined team of four co-founders prior to March ‘16 launch. Raden, dubbed the “Apple of luggage,” was a connected hardware smart luggage company. $3.5M seed led by First Round Capital and Lerer Hippeau Ventures.
- Owned marketing budget and defined KPIs to achieve customer and revenue goals.
- Implemented pre-launch & GTM strategy across paid, organic, earned, and NYC retail store.
- Dissected campaign performance, identified issues, and leaned into successes; gained insight into multi-touch attribution and reallocated budget.
- Collaborated with product, CX, operations, and tech to prioritize and optimize high impact opportunities to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, and advocacy.
Oyster (acquired by Google)
Growth Marketing Manager
Jun 2014 - Oct 2015
Joined as 18TH employee and second growth hire. Oyster, dubbed the “Netflix of books,” was a streaming app and web service for ebooks. $3M seed led Founders Fund and $14M led by Highland Capital Partners.
- Led growth initiatives focused on subscription based service and single ebook purchases for both app and web products with a yearly budget in the millions.
- Oversaw budget, agency relationships, campaign management and analysis, and exploration of new tools and channels (paid social and search, affiliate, branded content, partnerships, direct mail, audio, display, video, and native).
- Partnered with strategy and data science team to increase the sophistication of analyses, including regression forecasts. and machine learning models to understand reader cohorts and deploy hypothesis-led testing of new concepts.
BONOBOS (acquired by Walmart)
Performance Marketing Associate
May 2012 - May 2014
Joined with 60 employees and as second growth hire with the focus of bringing marketing in-house.
- Spearheaded brand as one of the first DTC brands to invest media budget in Meta and podcast; led efforts across display, video, SEO, affiliate, student & military program, print catalog, and retail.
- Managed yearly growth budget in the millions and worked cross functionally to achieve KPIs.
- Provided channel performance updates to leadership and fostered a culture of continuous optimization by developing a framework for fast, recurring, and iterative testing.
US Equity Sales Financial Analyst
Jul 2010 - May 2012
- Worked with senior salespeople to build and maintain relationships with mutual fund and hedge fund clients with the goal of helping them achieve excess returns.
- Identified, synthesized, and pitched new investment opportunities from research, traders, and strategists that met client’s strategic and financial portfolio requirements.
- Partnered with Equity Capital Markets on IPOs and follow-on offerings to identify client interest and price deals; pitched offerings to clients, assisted in due diligence, and hosted management meetings.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.