- Fractional CTO
- Software Engineering Leader
- Interim VP Engineering
Experienced hyper-growth engineering leader.
I've grown multiple engineering teams from 10s to over 100. I know the challenges companies will encounter on their growth journey and I've developed plenty of tools to tackle them.
My experience ranges from consumer apps to AI/ML and crypto. I'm a heavily product-centric engineering leader who wants to build the right product for customers.
Quickly understanding context and gaining trust are key skills that help me be effective with minimal ramp-up time.
I live in Brooklyn, NY with my wife, Jess, …
- amazon aws
VP of Engineering
Jan 2021 - Apr 2023
Chainalysis creates products and data to build trust in blockchains, delivered via a SaaS platform built on AWS as well as on-premise. Governments and businesses use us to protect people from risky and criminal behavior involving cryptocurrencies or digital assets.
- Grew the engineering team from 45 to 130 distributed across US and Europe, architected the org for scale by adding Director layer (mix of internal growth and outside experience).
- Improved rate of shipping value to customers by finishing technology migrations (including to AWS) and reducing system complexity whilst increasing scalability and reliability. Launched 2 new products.
- Part of the company leadership team as we grew from 250 to 950 and vastly increased revenue. Partnered with CTO, CPO, Head of Design and many other areas of the business to ensure the team was aligned, effective and had the resources it needed.
Vice President Engineering
Sep 2017 - Sep 2020
The Leading AI Platform for Real-time Information and Event Discovery
- Led Content Platform: core engineering teams which ingest data and identify breaking events from 10,000 pieces of content per second. My group also included Dataminr's QA, DevOps and Data Analytics/Warehouse teams.
- Grew the team from 10 to 45; built a diverse, 6 person management team (mix of internal growth and industry experience).
- During my tenure, the team tripled the amount of news alerts produced and increased data sources to tens of thousands.
- Shepherded migration of the entire platform into a containerised, VPC environment with IaaS principles. • Managed $X million AWS partnership.
Director of Engineering
May 2011 - Dec 2015
We serve the public conversation. Follow @TwitterCareers on Twitter for more.
- Led engineering for 70 person Music, TV and Video group, responsible for all advertiser and partner media technologies, including $XXXm/quarter promoted video business, $XXm+/quarter TV targeting revenue, SnappyTV and Billboard Music partnership.
- Launched autoplay video, increasing video completions by 700% and decreasing CPVs by 84%.
- Led technical diligence on $30m+ acquisition of Niche.
Head of Desktop
May 2009 - Jun 2011
tweetdeck is your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across twitter, facebook and more. we develop a cross platform adobe air client and iphone app that serve as real-time internet browsers and social dashboards.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.