Learn how a data science executive thinks about building scalable data systems at startups.
Scaled team at startups and public companies
With over 18 years of experience in software development and engineering management, I lead the engineering teams that build and scale the web, mobile, and API products. I am passionate about creating a culture of excellence, collaboration, and growth among the engineers, product managers, and designers that I mentor and work with. I leverage my MBA degree and my expertise in entrepreneurship and finance to align the engineering vision and strategy with the business goals and values. As an expert and mentor at Primary Venture Partners and First Round Fast Track, I also provide strategic advice and guidance to early-stage startups and emerging tech leaders.
The Oscar app puts your health insurance plan in your pocket. That way you can do just about anything related to your health—from anywhere. Oh, and, it’s easy on the eyes.
Senior Director of Engineering
Dec 2020 - Dec 2023
Oscar Health (NYSE: OSCR) is the first health insurance company built to make health care easy through seamless technology and personalized support to help members navigate their health care.
- Led the digital member experience group to achieve industry leading NPS with 4.8 rating for the Android app and 4.9 for the iOS app for 1M+ members
- Reduced the lead time to release by 50+% through JIRA process improvement, automated QA and feature flag system improvements
- Spearheaded the tech metrics improvement program
- Oversaw customer service workflow improvements using chatbot with Dialogflow and member feedback summarization tool using LLM
Sr Director of Engineering
Dec 2016 - Jan 2018
2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU) is an education technology company that partners with top universities to bring their degree programs and credit-bearing courses online.
- Scaled the teams from 10+ to 50+ for Web, Mobile, API, data and infrastructure products in the learning and content system space to support business growth from $205.9 million in 2016 to $417.2 million in 2019
- Improved NPS (Net Promoter Score) by 38% in one year
- Increased the SDLC efficiency by 52% by transitioning to the service-oriented architecture and improving engineering practices
- Led cross functional matrix teams reorganization for team scalability through domain driven design, defining roles and responsibilities, establishing team rituals, and continuous improvement
- Enhanced security, DevOps and business continuity practices through infrastructure as code and container technologies for SLA and compliances
Vice President of Engineering and Co-founder
Mar 2014 - Mar 2017
RetSKU is a business intelligence SaaS platform focused on consumer product companies that sell through traditional “brick & mortar” retailers. By collecting and analyzing data on the four pillars of retail: distribution, pricing, shelving and merchandising, RetSKU provides actionable market insights to these companies.
- Build data collection mechanism for retailer websites and mobile (iOS/Android) product for in-store data collection
- Established scalable and stable ETL and data pipeline
- Led topic extraction and sentiment analysis machine learning projects for product reviews from retailer websites using natural language processing and machine learning.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.