- Fractional CTO
- User Experience
Strategic Technical Leader with the ability to facilitate efficient processes and drive performance improvements through technical solutions. xApple, xBox
With over 15 years of progressive accountability in developing and implementing software roadmaps and leading the development of platform architecture, I offer success in aligning people, processes, and technology to optimize corporate performance and associated revenue growth and scalability. Additionally, I have established a proven track record of building high-performing teams to support aggressive organizational growth. Furthermore, I have developed and implemented key strategies and initia…
- Lead Architect
- Lead Engineer
- Project Management
- Agile Project Management
Jumpcut Media combines the greatest in enterprise-grade platform engineering, data science, behavioral and insight analytics, and AI to provide the tools of the future for Hollywood.
Roles And Responsibilities as Head of Engineering:
- Architect the entirety of the platform
- BE API
- Background Job Queue
- Prompt Engineering
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- amazon aws
- Google Cloud Platform
Box Admin Console
- Lead Engineer
- Agile Project Management
- Project Management
Box's Admin Console is where IT Admins, CTOs, and any role in between(depending on company organization structure) manage Box for their company.
My role on this project was:
- Technical lead and architect
- Main point of contact for integrating organization features into Admin Console
- Established best practices, coding patterns, and style guides
- Mentored and coached engineering teammates
- Performance metric pioneer; Established benchmarks, rolling improvement plans, and created new performance metric around React Router
- Responsive Web
Head of Engineering
May 2022 - Present
Jumpcut is decentralizing and democratizing Hollywood. We’re connecting creators directly to audience communities and building the narrative layer for web3 through narrative-centric NFTs that come attached with Hollywood creators and talent. We use technology to support collective creativity and build IP from the bottom-up by incentivizing various levels of creative participation through gamified experiences. Our community-centric approach disrupts how content is sourced, developed, and made. Our collaborators and partners include streamers like Disney India and producers of Oscar winning films such as Lawrence Bender (Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting). The company was founded by serial entrepreneur and Wharton School professor Kartik Hosanagar in partnership with Atomic, a $400M venture studio in Silicon Valley behind unicorn startups such as Hims.
- Develop flagship platform for pre-seed data-driven studio disrupting the film industry through modern technologies with full stack oversight. Conceptualize technical roadmap and engineering strategy related to business and burn rate, while managing a team of up to three within a lean, hypergrowth environment. Accountable for a significant budget to hire and develop engineering resources and facilitate aggressive organizational growth and scalability.
- ► Architected and delivered three unique applications: an artificial intelligence (AI) powered character story-building application, enabling customers to create an AI-generated response within the web app, multiple Web-3 NFT community platform to engage in quests and updates within the online community, and the flagship platform to power movie studio performance analytics.
Founder | Fractional CTO & Architect
Dec 2008 - Present
FAI is an independent development providing engineering services across all platforms.
- Collaborate with global enterprise corporations, Fortune 500 companies, Y-combinator backed startups, and early stage Techstars backed startups to develop and deploy strategy, architecting multi-platform applications and service layer implementations.
- ► Collaborated with key executives at a leading enterprise grocery chain, subcontracting to develop and implement a new supply chain application during the COVID-19 pandemic; architected front end for mobile and web-based applications and led a team of five to provide strategic oversight and direction to deliver new features and architectural diagrams, delivering on-time, under budget project completion.
- ► Partnered with a high-security governmental vendor to create and deploy a new mass communication application; led a team of up to four project reports and leveraged expertise in React and React Native to optimize front-end and back-end communication to disseminate mass text messages, driving critical communications. Directed resource allocation, roadmap planning, and velocity maintenance to expedite the completion of the project based upon established service level agreements (SLAs).
- ► Led a cross-functional team of five at a startup of a corporate-backed organization, leading efforts to rebuild the front-end in modern React stack and refactoring backend processes to improve performance, resulting in a 30% improvement in committed sprint tasks and concurrently improving work output by 20%.
- ► Transformed engineering culture by customizing and deploying Agile processes focusing on iteration speed, maintaining velocity, establishing a weekly buffer for critical outages and bugs, and ensuring seamless collaboration across diverse business units.
Engineer | Architect
Mar 2021 - Feb 2022
Snackpass is social commerce for restaurants ✨ We started Snackpass at Yale and within a few months of launch we had over 80% of Yale using Snackpass. Several years later, we are in 30+ markets with a goal of scaling Snackpass to every college campus and city in the country. Snackpass has raised over $90M from the top investors in the country such as Craft Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, First Round, Y Combinator along with leading voices in entertainment and hospitality such as the Jonas Brothers, Steve Aoki, Draymond Green, and David Grutman.
- ► Introduced and championed best practices to optimize the testing protocol and implement modular development processes.
- ► Built roadmap and infrastructure for shared libraries throughout the corporation.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead
Jul 2018 - Mar 2021
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the Cloud Content Management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information and applications. Founded in 2005, Box powers more than 87,000 businesses globally, including AstraZeneca, General Electric, P&G, and The GAP. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit http://www.box.com/.
- Primary point of contact for Administration Console(Enterprise client dashboard), providing technical leadership for the organization's full stack development cycle of Admin Console for post-IPO enterprise cloud storage service provider. Spearheaded internal feature framework and beta agreement functionalities. Streamlined and improved the user interface (UI) architectural process to optimize performance. Accountable for the performance of a team of five indirect reports, including technical review, coaching, and mentoring. Managed the administration of the platform, including security access. Championed the creation and execution of standard best practices and developed benchmarking scores to assess the stability of applications.
- ► Took over and improved internal feature flagship, with oversight of the strategic planning and execution of all technical initiatives.
- ► Directed cross-functional growth strategy to build, hire, and onboard an organizational team of up to eight members.
- ► Architected ability for nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) required for beta features to be automatically reported to Salesforce CRM.
- ► Oversaw troubleshooting technical issues to facilitate efficient resolution with zero disruption to corporate workflows.
- ► Defined a new performance metric and architected an automatic mechanism for monitoring React router page transitions, yielding a 5 to 15x improvement in performance.
Senior Software Engineer
Aug 2016 - Sep 2017
The first and most experienced company in bitcoin payments, BitPay builds powerful tools for spending, accepting, and building with bitcoin. The company has offices in North America, Europe, and South America and has raised over $70 million from top investors including Index Ventures, Aquiline Technology Growth, Menlo Ventures, Founders Fund, and Sir Richard Branson.
- Served as lead developer of BitPay’s global debit card platform, core developer for the official BitPay mobile wallet app(initial release and post iterations), coaching and mentoring a team of three interns on industry and internal best practices to drive efficiency related to software development for leading Bitcoin merchant processors. Cowrote back-end API layer architecture design, facilitated implementation, and troubleshoot issues.
- ► Spearheaded globalization and scalability development and related strategies to enable exponential revenue growth.
Sr. Application Engineer(iCloud R&D)
Mar 2015 - Jun 2016
apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the macintosh in 1984. today, apple leads the world in innovation with iphone, ipad, the mac and apple watch. apple’s three software platforms — ios, os x and watchos — provide seamless experiences across all apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the app store, apple music, apple pay and icloud. apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. apple is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. we also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Collaborated with a small team, delivering subject matter expertise to build the user interface (UI) of an internal application contributing to the health and scalability of successful iCloud growth, utilized by the entire iCloud department. Utilized Vanilla.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, and D3.
- Cowrote backend API layer architecture for design and implementation of platform.
- Cowrote database architecture to support application
Brown Bag Marketing
Senior Web Developer
Jul 2013 - Mar 2015
As an Atlanta Digital Marketing Agency, we combine future-focused strategy with expert execution across traditional, digital and social channels. We pair mad skills with killer creative to implement innovative solutions to help you drive growth and convert leads. We have content, design and development -- all under one roof. Come on. We're ready. Check us out at brownbagmarketing.com
- Defined and Spearheaded FE Development Standards and Best Practices
- Architected WordPress MultiSite and Multi Lingual Platform Build For Global Brands
Jul 2012 - Aug 2013
PGi powers virtual events and meetings for customers safely and reliably, helping people, teams, and enterprises connect worldwide with advanced broadcasting and webcasting solutions. To learn more about empowering advanced virtual experiences that enable the future of work, visit pgi.com.
- Owner of FE on large scale enterprise video communications platform
Nov 2011 - Aug 2012
At BKV, we're passionate about direct marketing. We've been delivering integrated marketing solutions since 1981, so we really know what we’re doing. With a staff of over 100 direct marketers in Atlanta, we work alongside clients whose names show up on Fortune 500 lists and among the top nonprofit organizations in the world. Our experts address the entire marketing picture using a combination of traditional and digital media—all to ensure we’re measurably growing clients’ brands and sales. We measure success one call, click or visit at a time. Because that's how we know our strategic innovation and creative imagination are doing their jobs: driving brand, response, results and revenue for your business. Specialties: Strategic account planning Brand identity & execution Media planning and buying: digital, broadcast (DRTV) and print Creative development: digital and traditional Digital marketing: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Display, Video, Shopping feeds, Cost Per Action, Email Mobile Marketing Social planning/marketing: monitoring, planning, development and engagement Website development & analysis: e-Commerce, landing pages, campaign sites Tracking, reporting & analytics Database management & analysis Data modeling CRM strategy; execution Broadcast, print, direct mail & email production List management Public relations Market research iMap: website usability analysis
- Owner/Tech Lead on all three of our most major clients(Delta, Home Depot, AT&T)
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.