- VP of Engineering
Saas Engineer, Engineering Leader, Business Connector
My Saas experience spans two decades and with it comes the experience necessary to help companies of all sizes grow and meet their goals. I am an ambitious yet realistic engineering leader with a passion for building great software and exceeding customer expectations.
My super powers include architecting scalable, maintainable, and reliable software solutions, building teams, mentoring engineers, and managing budgets.
- Amazon Web Services
- VP of Engineering
- Technical Architecture
- Software Engineering Leader
- People Management
- Cross-Functional Execution
Lead Series B engineering team through Series C and Acquisition
Improved SDLC through strong cross-team collaboration
Grew org by establishing an interviewing, hiring, and onboarding process
- Amazon Web Services
Full Stack Web Development Instructor
- Full Stack Engineer
Instructor for an intensive 6 month coding boot camp involving over 250 hours of in-class teaching.
Technology taught include
- Node.js, Express.js, APIs
- MySQL, MongoDB
- Heroku, Git
Vice President of Engineering
Sep 2019 - Present
Through websites, online ordering, marketing tools, POS, and payment systems, The BentoBox Marketing & Commerce Platform helps restaurants around the world create the best hospitality experiences possible.
- Oversaw Mobile & Web Product Engineering, ML, Quality Control, Dev-ops, and Data Eng.
- Tech included - Python, react, Typescript, Swift, postgres, terraform, Ansible, AWS, dbt, Stitch, Snowflake, Looker.
- Collaborated with Head of Product to define the vision and roadmap for the Product and Engineering team.
- Determined goals, KPI’s, and standards to ensure high performance and high quality delivery by the team.
- Rapidly scaled multi-site globally distributed engineering organization.
- Scaled ARR through release of multiple product offerings.
- Performed technical due diligence for acquisitions.
- Prepared and managed $MM engineering annual operating plan.
- Acquired by Fiserv
Director of Engineering
Sep 2018 - Sep 2019
On a mission is to empower connections between ambitious people and teams.
- Oversaw engineering efforts for full stack solutions across microservices using React, Python, Postgres, AWS
- Collaborated with Head of Product, Design, and ML teams to define tech roadmap and ensure operational excellence.
- Collaborated with Finance, HR, and Recruiting to hire and grow the engineering team.
- Established appropriate processes to assure on time and high-quality deliverables.
Head of Engineering - Audience Intelligence
Sep 2015 - Sep 2018
A best in class team of digital experts leveraging purpose built technology to deliver operational excellence and insights across paid social, programmatic, OTT and digital audio.
- Partnered with Product Management to coordinate technical and product roadmap with business strategy.
- Directed multiple engineering teams and supervised design, implementation, and deployment of full-stack solutions across microservices including front-end user interfaces, back-end rest APIs, AI APIs, and a data pipeline platform.
- Tech included - AWS, Neo4j, RDS, Redshift, Java, Python, Node, React, Jenkins
- Established hiring goals, interviewed, on-boarded, and mentored engineers of all levels as well as engineering managers.
- Partnered closely with the executive team to gain context and communicate risk and progress.
- Acquired by iHeart media
Vice President of User Interface Component Development
Sep 2014 - Sep 2015
At Morgan Stanley, clients come first. The mission is to help individuals, families, institutions and governments raise, manage and distribute the capital they need to achieve their goals
- Planned technical upgrades for a reusable library of components.
- Managed a team of engineers in development using AngularJS, Karma, Jasmine, and PhantomJS.
- Promoted continuous integration through the use of gulp, Jenkins, and selenium.
Tech Lead Manager
Mar 2012 - Sep 2014
Audible is the leading producer and provider of audio storytelling. We spark listeners’ imaginations, offering immersive, cinematic experiences full of inspiration and insight to enrich our customers daily lives.
- Planned and executed technical upgrades for Audible.com, mobile.audible.com and Kindle storefront.
- Worked closely with product managers to manage scope and provide realistic timelines.
Software Engineer and Lead Engineer
Jun 2003 - Feb 2012
We are a community of 50 million who think—and feel—differently about investing. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.Since our founding in 1975, helping investors achieve their goals has been our main reason for existence. At Vanguard, we’re built differently. Vanguard is investor-owned, meaning the fund shareholders own the funds, which in turn own Vanguard. When you’re surrounded by people who care about the same things, things tend to fall into place.With no other parties to answer to and therefore no conflicting loyalties, we make every decision—including keeping investing costs as low as possible—with your needs in mind. Because of our unique structure, your goals align with our goals. Whether you’re investing for your first house, college for your kids, or a comfortable retirement, you can be confident we’re on your side. That’s the value of ownership!Community guidelines: vgi.vg/sgl1
- Streamlined interaction between Design and Development by creating templates and a clean deliverable handoff process.
- Converted a VB6 application to a .NET Application and resolved bugs in third party code which was critical to the on-time project delivery.
Send me Talent
Chat with the founders of Go Fractional to learn what problems you could be solving tomorrow.